Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Crystal River Noob

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Crystal River Noob

Postby surfstrick » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:54 am

Hello. Up until recently I was solely a surf fisherman. I just bought a boat and am new to all of this so my apologies if I don't sound knowledgeable because i'm not. Anyway, planning a trip over to Crystal River (I live NW of Orlando) and wondered if anyone had any information on an easy place to put in and where to go. I have two kids and so I'd like to give them the fishing fever and need some action even if its nothing large. Is it solely flats fishing there or are there other places reachable with a 17 ft flats boat that might offer some other varieties of fish? Anyway, any information is very much appreciated. Thanks in adavance!
surfstrick

Re: Crystal River Noob

Postby largofishingnut » Tue May 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Here is a link to some ramps in your area http://www.crystalriverfl.org/index.asp ... _LIST&SEC={F3937449-7ED3-4687-8F25-E692B2D9309E} ... All you've got to do is navigate to the western shores of that area and there are grass flats galore. This is a great time of year to hit them!
Go on a couple local Florida fishing charters and you'll learn a lot faster than trying to scout on your own.
largofishingnut
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - West Coast