Sarasota Florida Report 11/13/04

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Sarasota Florida Report 11/13/04

Postby Capt. Bob Smith » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:05 pm

November 13, 2004

Sarasota Florida Fishing Report
By Capt. Bob Smith

A full house is the way I would describe the fishing around the Sarasota area this past week. From the bay to the deep Gulf, it has been an overlapping of summer and winter species.

Long offshore trips have produced some large dolphin, kingfish, grouper, snapper, and amberjack. Inshore and coastal trips have produced redfish, snook, trout, cobia, flounder, mackerel, bluefish, tripletail, etc.

I would like to point out that the above does not mean that you need to make room in your home freezer if you plan to go fishing. The bite is not 24/7 and you still need to work at it. It does mean however, that you have a chance at a large variety of fish and getting on a good bite.

Many methods are being used and are working at this time but if you would like to kick it up a notch, here are a few tips. If you are going to use live pinfish and grunts for grouper, I like to catch them just before I go offshore. Pinfish kept overnight will definitely catch fish but fresh caught via hook and line will double the bite. This becomes more apparent if you fish closer to the coast. Taking live shrimp and small crabs along for permit, tripletail, snapper, and cobia is also a good idea. Being able to net your own white-bait is always a plus for bay or gulf fishing. Two things I always have on board are plenty of gold hook bait rigs, “Sabiki rigs” for offshore and D.O.A. 3” shrimp for bay and coastal.

Enjoy & Protect
My Website: http//www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com
:D
Capt. Bob Smith
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - West Coast