Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Spring Fling

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Spring Fling

Postby CaptDan » Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:57 am

The last three weeks have been awesome. Our charters have hooked up with everything from snapper, amberjack and grouper to kingfish, tuna, mackeral, barracuda and sharks. On the offshore seen kingfish are the hot topic. We have limited out many trips in the past few weeks. Most of the fish are schoolies but we have laned our share of fish over 25 pounds. The largest going 38. If it is big fish you are looking for I highly recommend staying within four or five miles of the beach. Find a piece of bottom anchor up current and start chumming. I use both chum bags as well as cutting up fresh bait caught that morning. Depending on conditions I will fish anywhere from two to five baits while anchored. I also make sure we are utilizing different baits to see which one works. Remember be patient. When looking for one big fish it may take a while. I always bring some spinners along while doing this to catch spanish to pass the time. They also make great live bait. Grouper, snapper and amberjack have been chewing well between 30 and 60 miles off of the beach. Captain Dan and Captain Brent have been slamming the macs and kings on the inshore boats as well. The days it has been to rough to venture outside in the smaller boats they are picking the flats apart. Banner catches of trout, redfish and snook almost daily. Spring is definitely prime time fishing along our coast . If you haven't been; take the time and go.

Captain Dan Gillan
St Petersburg Fishing
www.stpetersburgfishing.com
727 328 9540
727 687 3902

Captain Dan Gillan
St Petersburg Fishing
www.stpetersburgfishing.com
727 328 9540
727 687 3902
CaptDan
Featured Guide