Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Party/Head Boats information

Cedar Key to Pensacola

Moderator: admin

Party/Head Boats information

Postby leemer » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:03 am

I am having a diffucult time finding much info on party/head boats in the panhandle area. Can someone provide some info on some of these boats and maybe phone numbers and locations.
leemer

PARTY BOATS

Postby dinzz5 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 pm

YOU CAN FIND MANY OPTIONS IN PANAMA CITY FOR PARTY BOATS 5HR, 8HR, 12HR, TWO DAYS AT THE CAPTIAN ANDERSONS WEBSITE. THERE ARE MORE THAN 6 BOATS OUT OF THE CAPT ANDERSONS AND TREASURE ISLAND MARINAS. THESE BOATS TARGET BOTTOM FISH ONLY, ARE TYPICALLY BOOKED, AND WILL CUT ANY FISH THAT WILL TANGLE LINES. AMBERJACK, SHARKS, BONITA, KINGS.

HOWEVER. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PICK-UP FOR FISHING OUT OF PANAMA CITYTO HELP WITH FUEL. ON SATURDAYS WE TIPICALLY WILL FISH ALL DAY AND HALF DAYS ON SUNDAYS. WE PRIMARILY BOTTOM FISH AND NORMALLY CATCH AN AVERAGE OF OVER 50 LBS PER PERSON PER DAY. WE HAVE TO MAKE LONG LONG RUNS BUT CATCH BIG BIG FISH. ON 7.29.06 WE CAUGHT TWO RED SNAPPER OVER 20 LBS AND TWO WEEKS EARLIER CAUGHT TWO RED SNAPPER OVER 30 LBS ALONG WITH 13 OVER 10 LBS.

YES WE HAVE PICTURES. NO ELECTRONICS ALLOWED--NO PEEKING.
CALL 404-309-0008
BUDDY FISHING
dinzz5

Postby Bamaman1977 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:06 pm

There are several party boats running out of PC beach. Me and the family went on one 2 years ago and was an overall pleasant experience. I would really recommend it to anyone that has never fished saltwater or on a tight budget. The only drawbacks i saw realistically are as follows:

1.) You have a designated "spot" at the rails to stand and you simply drop straight down.

2.) When on a party boat they are after quantity no quality on the boats, this is so everyone can catch some fish not just 2 or 3 people catch a few nice ones.....this is an understandaable concept IMO.

3.) The interesting fish ie: Sharks are as he said cut loose. Again I understand the reasoning because those things have a lot of nasty things called teeth and if it were brought on board with that many people calmmering to get a view of it there would be a real chance of someone getting seriously injured.

4.) Your neighbor (and her 8 yr old kid) might not have sea legs and spend the entire trip barfing over the rails.....CHUM?.....doubt it. That one happened to us......yuck

5.) Due to the size of the boat needed to carry that many people the boat is usually slow as HE!!.

Despite these drawbacks I will admit it was a fun experience overall.
Bamaman1977

Return to Florida - Panhandle & Big Bend