Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Captain James Pic, Panama City Beach, FL

Cedar Key to Pensacola

Moderator: admin

Captain James Pic, Panama City Beach, FL

Postby keithtate » Mon May 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Many thanks to Captain Pic for a great day of fishing in Panama City Beach. As I told Captain Pic, I have always wanted to fish with him out of appreciation for the fact that he so often takes the time to post fishing reports on cyberangler. I live 3 1/2 hours from the beach and can't fish nearly as often as I would like to, so I look forward to reading the posts every few days, and I can always count on Captain Pic to have detailed reports complete with photos. Furthermore, the fequent reports with photos were evidence that he is difinitely catching fish- even more reason to want to fish with him.
I have tried to book a trip with Cpt. Pic several times before but he was always booked in advance on the dates I was in town. Luckily, on this trip I was able to find an available date.
I am happy to say that we caught lots of fish, caught big fish, and caught fish consistently throughout the 6 hour trip. And this was the first guided trip I have ever been on where there were no fish finders, gps, or any other type of electronics on the boat. He said he just knew where the fisht were.
Most impressive to me, Cpt. Pic was very thorough in explaining everything that we were doing and why we were doing it. He kept the trip interesting and entertaining and it was an educational experience as well.
I look forward to fishing with Captain Pic again soon and I highly recommend him for anyone travelling to Panama City Beach who wants to catch fish.
keithtate

I second that emotion!

Postby bummyblue » Sun May 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Keith, I fish with Captain Pic every year and there is no better captain on the water. My son (Myles) and I have been fishing with him for the last 4 or 5 years. We live in Atlanta but we make the trip once or twice a year just to fish with him. We are actually statying in Destin at the end of June but we are making the trip to PCB to catch some of those Kings, Reds, Trout, or whatever else that swims. I would suggest that if anyone is reading this message and they are thinking of hiring a captain they should call Captain Pic immediately. It will be the first of many trips that you will book with him. My son also reads the reports almost daily and he lets me know what Capt Pic is cathing all the time. Good luck on the water and I will be there in June to do some damage.

Carl, Myles, Auntie Del (ha ha)
bummyblue

Re: Captain James Pic, Panama City Beach, FL

Postby jeremy tackett » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 pm

I will have to agree with both of you guys on this one. I have fished with James for three years now and have not ever had a bad trip. He will always put you on fish. His knowledge of the area is outstanding if one place isn't working reel em in were going somewhere else. I would recommend him to anyone going to Panama. Trust me check out some of the other guides in the area there not posting as many reports as he is. That is the first thing i check when i get on my computer is the fishing reports. ONce again take it from me go with Pic and you wont be disappointed.
jeremy tackett

Return to Florida - Panhandle & Big Bend