Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mississippi Gulf Coast Winter Time Bite

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Mississippi Gulf Coast Winter Time Bite

Postby Captain Scott Simpson » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:19 pm

The last few trips that I have made with my customes I have focused on the sure fire Inshore bite which has consited of Speckled Trout, Redfish, Black Drum, Sheepshead, White Trout, Ground Mullet and some occasional Flounder.

The Trout have been a little hit and miss inshore and also around our Barrier Islands both Cat and Ship. While fishing for Trout and Redfish my customers and I have been throwing the MirrOlure 52MR's and also diving plugs like the 3D Minnow's, Crystal Minnow's and the Emperor Minnow's made by YO-ZURI. We have found most Trout in the normal summer holes and troughs around the Islands. Also found some consistant bites around inshore piers and harbors closer in along the beach fronts. The Trout are still pretty hot and heavy in all back bays on both the Eastern and Western sides of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Most of the Sheepshead, Black Drum and Red Drum have been taken on fresh dead market Shrimp while bottom fishing. I mostly concentrate my efforts for these species around some sort of structure like brige pylons, concrete/wood pier structure and around rocky areas. Be ready for a very light bite as the water is very cold and the fish are moving very slow with the cold winter waters.

The winter time bite is upon us so remember the golden winter time rule when presenting artificials: Slow-Slow and Slow...

Good Fishing to all along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Sincerely,
Captain Scott Simpson / IMPULSIVE Charters
(228) 669-6204
Captain Scott Simpson is a full time guide with well over 28 years experience fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coastal Waters. A life-long resident of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Captain Scott is the Mississippi Gulf Coast Premier Inshore Light Tackle Fishing Guide, he is retired USCG, offers his service Year Round onboard his 25ft. Stamas Center Console. Member: MS Charterboat Captain's Association, Coast Chamber of Commerce. A Key Speaker at the 2000, 2002 & 2003 Salt Water Sportsman's Seminar Series held by George Poveromo. Trips ranging from 4, 5 & 6 Hours, available for 1-4 passengers. Captain Scott guided his customer to catch State Record Tarpon in 2001 weighing in at 167 pounds.
Captain Scott Simpson

Return to Gulf Coast - Central