Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mississippi Gulf Coast Inshore Report / Capt. Scott Simpson

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Mississippi Gulf Coast Inshore Report / Capt. Scott Simpson

Postby Captain Scott Simpson » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Hello fellow Anglers,

Hope all Cyber Angler readers are off to a good year with some good trips under the belts already. Along the Mississippi Gulf Coast it seems like a good consistent bite has been on with the Trout at not only our prestige wintering Trout holes in our vast river systems but just as well at most of the summer Inshore/Offshore hot spots.

I have had some nice catch's with our holding winter species like Trout, Redfish, Black Drum, Sheepshead, (occasional Flounder), and even started seeing some White Trout and Ground Mullet starting to show up at some spots while bottom fishing. If the bite stays on pace as I have recently seen I feel the Mississippi Gulf Coast will have another fantastic year of fishing in our local waters.

The new Salt Water 3X Soft Baits made by Strike King in both the 4" Glass Minnow Series and the Zulu's have been the ticket with most of my Trout / Redfish catches. These new revolutionary soft plastics are 30 times Stronger and 3 times softer than any soft plastics on the market today. The toughness of these soft plastics is truly amazing. With the water temp in the low to mid 50's, a very slow presentation has been the ticket for a good bite. The Salt Water 3X family of soft plastics made by Strike King are A MUST TRY for all Speckled Trout, Snook and Redfish Fisherman...

A few weeks back I had the crew from Mississippi Outdoors onboard the IMPULSIVE for a film shoot. With time being a factor during our trip I choose to stay in close and fish structure left behind by Katrina. My targeted species with the show's host were going to be Trout, Redfish, Black Drum and Sheepshead. The show will reflect on showing viewers that we DO have a wintertime fishery here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We had a fantastic morning of fishing. While bottom fishing we even landed a 1 lb. 9 oz. Pinfish, which I had to make a call to my buddies at the DMR to check on a potential State Record. No luck on a State Record but I learned that our State Record Pinfish is also the World Record. Look for a photo on the photo board.

The Mississippi Outdoor's show filmed with Captain Scott Simpson / IMPULSIVE Charters will air this month January 25th (Thursday) @ 7:30 p.m. and again on January 27th (Saturday) @ 6:30 p.m. on the Mississippi Public Broadcasting station. Also, on the horizon for next month in Jackson look for a Salt Water Fishing Seminar to be held on February 3, 2007. It will be a seminar which will focus on Light Tackle Fishing, Offshore fishing off the Mississippi and Louisiana Coast. The panel will also feature guides from Louisiana for a Q & A type of presentation. Bobby Cleveland (sports writer for the Jackson newspaper Clarion Ledger) will be moderator for the seminar. I will make a post at a later date with times and location for any Salt Water anglers wanting to attend in the Jackson area.

Good fishing to all...
Sincerely,
Captain Scott Simpson / IMPULSIVE Charters
http://myweb.cableone.net/captscott
(228) 669-6204
Captain Scott Simpson is a full time guide with well over 28 years experience fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coastal Waters. A life-long resident of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Captain Scott is the Mississippi Gulf Coast Premier Inshore Light Tackle Fishing Guide, he is retired USCG, offers his service Year Round onboard his 25ft. Stamas Center Console. Member: MS Charterboat Captain's Association, Coast Chamber of Commerce. A Key Speaker at the 2000, 2002 & 2003 Salt Water Sportsman's Seminar Series held by George Poveromo. Trips ranging from 4, 5 & 6 Hours, available for 1-4 passengers. Captain Scott guided his customer to catch State Record Tarpon in 2001 weighing in at 167 pounds.
Captain Scott Simpson

Return to Gulf Coast - Central