Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

7-3-07 Trout Bustin Continues

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

7-3-07 Trout Bustin Continues

Postby Capt Marty » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:55 pm

I helped out Capt Bill today, taking out Jeff Hebert with A-Bear Electric Inc. His wife Rachel and friend Bernard Terradot was aboard also. Our first stop off the coast found a bunch of birds diving and shrimp jumping out the water we put 10 trout in the boat fast, but they were all small fish. I was looking for some bigger fish today so we headed out. We were greeted with NICE calm seas and crystal clear green water. First stop only produced a couple fish on plastic. I had to move around a lot today, in search of the yellow mouths. No shrimp or croakers to be found but I did pick up some larsh. I got the trout to bite on the larsh at the third stop, but a bunch of sharks moved in. Moved again and started picking up some small trout on plastic (time to move again). My last stop is what I was looking for It was ON....two at a time every cast on tandem rigged Bayou Chubs. The trout averaged 14 - 21 inches. My crew had trout coming in the boat in every direction. With the water so clear you could see 1-3 other trout following the fish back to the boat, it was pretty awesome. I had a really good time with my crew and they went home with a nice full box of 80 trout. Thanks Capt Bill for setting everything up.
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central