Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Yellowfin Tuna All Night long

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Yellowfin Tuna All Night long

Postby CaptGaryBonanno » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:17 pm

:lol: It has been a long time that I have made a post but their has been a lot of water pass under the STRIKE ZONE boats. My first trip this year was the Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Mississippi ladies tournament two weeks ago in Venice. My wife and I got a chance to fish on our new 55' boat for the first time after buying the boat four months ago. What a trip....the seas were flat and the fishing was great. Laura tagged a 300# Blue and won first place Yellowfin Tuna. The girls had 10 Yellowfin, 7 Bull Dolphin, 2 Wahoo, and 1 tagged Blue Marlin. Great job Ladies, and a great job to Rene Cross for running the tournament...FIRST CLASS. You have to bring your wife and or girlfriend or daughter to this tournament next year...THE BEST LADIES TOURNAMENT IN THE GULF.

Last weekend I fished with my good friends and customers, Nick, Barry, Todd and Conrad for the Faux Pas Rodeo. For the past 25 years I have fished the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo. This was my first Faux Pas and it was FIRST CLASS. With all my fishing buddies going WEST we elected to go EAST. The right move''''No wind, No Rain ,NO other BOATS, FLAT SEAS and lots of FISH. Capt. Kevin Aldhold and Mat Thomas have been working to the east for the last two months and we fished their hot spots. I would love to take credit for their training but neither Kevin or Mat have worked with me personally. They say they are new school and I am old school...There may be some truth to that statement. After leaving Cypress Cove Marina at 3:00 pm on Thursday we put our lines in the water at 5:00. We trolled east south east until dark , We had 6 Bull Dolphin by dark. We then worked a floater until 1:00 AM and had 15 Yellowfin in the box from 60 to 90 Lbs. We drifted that night and put the line out at 5:30am. Five more Bull Dolphin. At 8:03 in open water the right rigger snapped and the reel started to sing......MARLIN...MARLIN.....MARLIN...after 45 minutes we tagged Nicks 250# Blue. At 10:22 the right rigger snapped again and this time it was Barry's turn to fight his Big Bad Blue........30 minutes later we tagged a 300# Blue.......We were still in open water trolling heading west. At 3:06 the same right rigger sounded off again and it was Mr. Todd in the chair for 45 minutes to fight his 300# Blue. Mat did the leadering and I did the tag. The only problem is the fish jumped and I tagged him in between his eyes...........I will never live that down.....If you catch a Blue with a tag in between his eyes it's my fish. By 7:00 PM we were back at the dock with flags flying....3 tagged Blues, 15 Yellowfin, 14 Bull Dolphin and 2 Wahoo. That is what I call a very good day at the OFFICE'''''''''

Come join the STRIKE ZONE FISH TEAM and enjoy a luxury sportfishing boat and top notch crew.

STRIKE ZONE CHARTERS 225-279-3800
The finest fleet of offshore sportfishing boats in Venice, Louisiana
CaptGaryBonanno
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Gulf Coast - Central