Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Great Day of Catching Reds and Trout 12-9-07

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Great Day of Catching Reds and Trout 12-9-07

Postby Capt Marty » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Ed and Lisa Neal joined me today for a great day of fishing. We got off to an early start and upon arriving at our first stop "it was ON"!!!!! Birds diving everywhere and trout coming in the boat almost every cast. The only problem was it was a school of "Pecker" trout. After boxing only 10 fish, I decided to move and look for bigger fish. The second location only produced 3 good fish so it was off to spot # 3. Our 3rd location was what I was looking for and we had good fish coming in one after the other. It was great to see the excitement in Ed and Lisa's faces as they were reeling in the trout. When the bite slowed down it was off to find some reds. That did not take long as Lisa did her damage on the Big Reds today. Lisa hooked up with at least 5 bull reds and put 3 in the boat (Only 1 red fell victim under a cork and the rest were all caught on the LSU Chub, drifting a bank). Ed got into the action and put some nice reds in the boat too. We had several double hookups as the reds were stacked at this one location where a ditch was draining out. I made a stop at one of my favorite red spots and we hooked up with another 10 reds, but unfortunately none of them made the box. Over 25 reds were hooked today, many released to grow up and one to reproduce. Great fishing as usual considering how windy it was, and I know Ed and Lisa will remember this fishing trip for a long time to come. All fish today were caught on plastic baits as usual, and the water at all locations was clear. The trout we kept averaged 12-15 inches and the reds averaged 20-28 inches. Lisa's arms are going to be sore tomorrow!!!! Great meeting you and it was a pleasure to take you guys out fishing.

For your next fishing adventure, give me a call.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
985 856 4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central