Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Dularge Trout/Reds 3-22-08

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Dularge Trout/Reds 3-22-08

Postby Capt Marty » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Brian Ferguson and Lou Santino from Canada joined me today for a sample of our Sportsman Paradise!! Our first stop of the morning produced a fast and furious bite, as we boated 50-60 trout (25 keepers) in about 45 minutes. We had a good 30 minute period of catching trout every cast. The trout were literally jumping out of the water in hot pursuit of shrimp. Unfortunately when things looked very promising for a quick limit the bite shut off as the tide quit moving. We hit the lake and chased some birds for a little while, adding to our count. Found several good schools with 14-15 inch trout, but as soon as you would hook 1-3 fish, the school was gone.

The guys had never caught any Reds before, so I wanted them to get the thrill of the fight. Found one of my ponds with clear water and perfect conditions, but only one red fell victim. Luckily it was Brian who got the hook up. We drifted a couple other spots that usually produce and only caught 2 more. Lou got a hook up on one and had a blast reeling it in. The reds are very scarce right now, but fortunately both my crew members got to sample the thrill of catching a red in skinny water!! Final tally was 36 trout, 3 reds, and 1 Sheephead. Great day again to be on the water and good fishing with you guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central