Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

"I can't, My thumb is stuck"

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

"I can't, My thumb is stuck"

Postby CaptGaryBonanno » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Crazy things happen. I know that in the fishing world there have been many things that happen that make you wonder " How did that just happen?" Well on my trip this Sunday that question came up often. We pulled out of Cypress Cove around 6:00 and off to the Lump in search of the elusive Yellow Fin Tuna that seems to show their fins only a few times a week. One day they are there and next day gone. We were out to see if they were going to show today. I trolled for a while and no action except the rod tips bouncing from the baits swimming. We pulled the anchor out of the bucket for the first time this year. After setting up and chumming for about 30 minutes we had Bonita all behind the boat and a feeling of a big tuna feeding in the chum was there. But that feeling left when the Sharks showed up. We kept fishing and catching Bonita, practicing for the moment when a big tuna was going to show. And then it happened, I hear "my thumb is stuck". As I am looking at my angler with his thumb stuck between the reel handle and the clicker, all I can think of is, I should go for a camera. But instead I grabbed a screwdriver and removed the handle and freed the thumb. Well after the laughter stopped and back to fishing, we finally got a bite that was screaming tuna, and then it came unbuttoned. We sent another tender morsel back and that one landed us what would be our only Yellow Fin Tuna of the day. We picked up the gear and headed into see how much it was going to weight. Once we returned to the marina we watched as the scales stopped at 144 pounds. We have boats available for day and overnight trips.
If your group would like information or book a trip with Strike Zone Charters, Capt. Kevin Aderhold (504) 382-2108 or Capt. Gary Bonanno (225) 279-3800.

http://www.strikezonecharters.net
Celebrating Over 21 years in the Charter Business
Attachments
mar 7.jpg
The finest fleet of offshore sportfishing boats in Venice, Louisiana
CaptGaryBonanno
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Gulf Coast - Central