Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

TOP WATER TROUT SLAM TRIP

Postby capt ron » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:27 pm

SPORTSMANS PARADISE OUTDOORS FISHING

Capt. Ron Ph#225-445-1019 Capt. Ron email - [email protected]

http://www.spoutdoors.com

MONSTER TROUT ARE ON RIGHT NOW

Hello fellow anglers. What a great fishing trip with two very good fishermen in from Prairieville Louisiana for some of the smoking trout action going on right now in Hopedale and today was one of the best days so far in 2011. I met my people at 5:30 at the dock armed with Campos live and kicking shrimp they said they wanted to catch a few big girls and I was on a super good bite of quality fish so out to the sound we went. After an absolutely stunning sunrise that we were so blessed with on our ride out we hit the sound with a slight chop but not bad and out we went to a small rig that has been holding good trout and on Mrs. Janice's first cast she hooked up with a sow and the fight was on and after a few tense moments and some exciting jumps and drag pulls she gave up the ghost and she hit the net and a quality trout she was because she tipped the scales at 6 pounds and 7 ounces and as luck would have it she turned out to be the best trout of the day. Her personal best fish ever but before that fish could hit the fish box Rocky had a pig hooked up on the top dog and that's how the first hour and a half went big fish after big fish all caught on the top dog in the bone with the chartreuse top and bottom. After the first heart pounding hour of blow up after blow up action the bite slowed a bit but kept on only at a slower pace and finally the top water bite quit completely.

So time to shift gears and we switched to live bait rigged both on a sliding cork and Carolina rigged on the bottom and the action started like a wild fire and the fish would be on the cork for a while then switch to the bottom and we quickly filled the box with their limits of trout and threw back at least 100 more trout that on any other day I would have been proud to take back to the dock. After a round of high fives and a box slam full of trout at 9 am we headed to the red fish hole to try to catch a few reds for some of those tasty red fish on the half shell. WE made one stop in lake calebasse and caught 6 nice reds and 2 puppy drums to put the icing on a perfect day and that was a wrap after having to stomp the lid on the fish box we headed to the barn at 10:45 and with broad grins on both my peoples faces no words could have expressed any more just how much fun they really had today.

The final fish count for today was 75 trout with 30 plus of them from 4 to 6 plus pounds and 6 red fish and 2 drums.The fish today were caught early on the top dog and later in the morning on live shrimp 3 feet under a rattling popping cork and live shrimp Carolina rigged on the bottom.

The quality trout bite is on right now so if you want to catch some of Louisiana's finest get your days on the books now before they are all gone.

If you would like to make a trip Capt. Ron give us a call or drop us an email we would love to take you and your friends and family fishing but call early because the available days are going fast.If you would like to take a trip please give me a call or drop me an email and we can arrange the trip of your lifetime. And as our motto says, "RAIN OR SHINE, SLEET OR SNOW, IF YOU COME WE WILL GO!

Thanks Capt Ron
capt ron
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Gulf Coast - Central