Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

O.H.Ivie Fishing Report

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

O.H.Ivie Fishing Report

Postby DreamWeaver » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:37 pm

The Crappie action here, on O.H.Ivie Lake, has become more consistent. It is looking like a good year for "slab crappie'. Some of the biggest I have seen come out of this lake, have been caught recently. With many of the locals boasting of not only the size, but the numbers caught.

The best catches are at night, with reports of crappie up to sixteen inches. The best baits have been minnows, creme tube jigs, roadrunners, and curly tail grubs.

The White Bass action is still hot. They are still out in the main part of the lake, with many starting to migrate to the mouths of the rivers and creeks.

If you like "juggin'" for the Humpback Blues, now is the time to head for your favorite spots. Over the last couple of weeks, there have been reports of Blues being caught from 10 – 50 pounds. Most are being caught on cut bait (shad, perch, etc).

For those of you who dream of catching that lake record bass, or Share Lunker, February and March have proven to be great months for bass fishing on Ivie. The previous Lake records have been caught during these months.

STEVEN ROW
DREAMWEAVER GUIDE SERVICE
O.H. IVIE LAKE
[email protected]
(325) 625-3450
(325) 636-7257
I am a Guide on O.H.Ivie, I also Guide on Coleman Lake for Crappie and stripers. Fullday and halfday trips avalible
DreamWeaver

Return to Gulf Coast - Western