Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

panama city offshore report 4-5-03

Cedar Key to Pensacola

Moderator: admin

panama city offshore report 4-5-03

Postby titlewaveII » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:49 pm

Finally the Titlewave II was back at her home port and ready to fish after being out of comission for 9 weeks . I had a full crew for the maiden voyage including my wife candice , the dog zoe , ryan from atlanta and john and his son tyler from pc whom are fellow FS boarders of the "fish on " .Weather was awesome with 2 foot or less swell and little or no winds with alittle rain early but sunny later. I picked up the pc boys at alittle after 6 am , got ice and live pins which where provided by them aswell . Hit the jetties at 7 am or so and off we went for a whole day of fishing . Along the way i saw a mark on the furuno about 17 miles out and we stopped to investigate and caught several red groupers , keeping 2 and heading on to the destination . Next stop was a natural bottom conture that holds lots of big jacks aswell as some nice groupers and assorted snappers. We caught and released 15 or so nice big jacks keeping 3 ,30 plus inchers and also getting two huge grey snappers(biggest i have ever seen ) , 2 nice gags including one that ate a hand made jig of mine, and what i think is a black grouper (see piture below) according to the FS fish id book. Next stop was alittle deeper and we ran over it aswell while running to another spot . This formation was really cool , with two drops . One from 135 to 153 back to 135 and then back down sharply from 135 to 180 feet , and man was it loaded with grouper and snapper and ajs! we caught and released several nice limits of snappers , along with some stud size gags of 24 and 28 pounds. along with the gags came 2 scamp and several nice red groupers . We made 5 passes on this honey hole and then moved off to another spot that was in 200 feet of water . While there we saw a huge school of giant blackfin tunas or small yellowfin crashing hard on flying fish , but where unable to get any to bite so we continued bottom fishing , releasing 5 more nice keeper groupers and a few more snappers before calling it quits and heading in .The fish where caught using various methods including jigging iron , jigging home made cobe jigs , fresh bonita , squid, live pinfish and whole beeliners and white snappers . Tally for the box was 3 ajs , 9 red groupers , 2 scamp , 1 black grouper , 6 gags to 24 pounds , 2 left over beeliners and unfortunatly a released 5 man limit of red snappers . The worst part of the day was after dropping off the "fish on "crew , we got stuck in some major fog trying to get back from tyndal yatch club , and it took 2 hrs to get back to my dock on the grand lagoon. Weather was awesome , fishing was better and freinds had a blast Image
titlewaveII

Return to Florida - Panhandle & Big Bend