Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Need advice on fishing on St.George Island or in that area

Cedar Key to Pensacola

Moderator: admin

Need advice on fishing on St.George Island or in that area

Postby Android » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:35 pm

I don't do much saltwater fishing and I'm certainly not a local so I'm gonna need some help on finding good fishing spots. I'm interested in pretty much whatever fishing is available; surf fishing, charter fishing, whatever is good. I'm also aware that because I'm gonna be on an island there will be a protected side and I was wondering how will the fishing be different on that side as opposed to on the gulf side.
I also heard from someone that scallops are really common on St. George. I was wondering if those were in season and if so how would one go about catching them.
Much thanks
Android

Postby Android » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:37 pm

Just as a quick addition to that post, St. George island is next to the town of Apalachicola so if you know of spots there, please list them too
Android

Postby crawford » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:05 pm

You have asked many questions about fishing in the bay and surf of SGI and the Apalachicola area. I would be more than happy to try to answer all of your questions, but there is not space or time enough here to accomplish this. Please visit my website at www.topknots.com for my direct telephone number and, if you call, I will do my very best to answer your questions about fishing and scalloping in detail. Look forward to your call.
Captain Alex Crawford
Proud Member Florida Outdoor Writers Ass'n.
Proud Member Florida Guides Association
crawford
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Postby podonald » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:39 pm

The fishing is great around Apalachicola and St. George right now. One of the best guides in the area is a gentleman by the name of Capt. Brownie. He works out of Bay City Marina just upriver from Apalachicola. One of the best boats in the area for bay fishing. His phone number is (850)653-5529. Give him a call for some good reds and trout.
podonald

Return to Florida - Panhandle & Big Bend