Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

The wedding is over-back to catching fish

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

The wedding is over-back to catching fish

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:36 pm

As many of you know, I got married on Oct 10 and spent the next two weeks in Hawaii. While there, I spent one day Marlin fishing out of Kona. I didn't catch my marlin, but I did get hooked up with an approx. 400+lb Blue Marlin. My wife and I were on the bridge with the first mate when I saw the big blue crash the short left rigging and begin dumping a 130!!! It was very exciting but after about 1/2hour, the hooks pulled. Oh well, that's fishing. At least I got some time in the chair.

Now that I am back, I took Dave and Greg out on Friday to do a little inshore fishing. The morning was slow, but as the wind laid down and the tide started to fall, the bite turned on. We ended up catching a couple of Flounder, over a dozen redfish and a half dozen or so Speckled Trout. A great way to celebrate being back in NC waters. Most fish were caught on a white Gulp shrimp on a 1/4oz jighead.

Sunday, I went back out by myself to do a little grieving and clear my head after having to put my 12-1/2yr old Golden Retriever down. I guess he was looking down on me as the weather was perfect and the backwaters were slick calm. I never did find any large schools of fish, but the bite was steady. The morning bite started out with Redfish eating a gold spoon. While working a grass bank, I saw a Redfish come half out of the water chasing a mullet minnow. I thought to myself, they sure are active this morning, and thought it would be a good time to try a topwater bait. It was a good call as I soon had five more fish in the boat in about 30 minutes. I second guessed myself by leaving those fish in an attempt to locate fish in a different place. That didn't pay off and I eventually ended back up in the same area. Once the tide started to fall, I switched over to a big purple worm and commenced to work the slot reds again. I ended up with over a dozen reds for the day before packing it in and heading for the hill. I love late fall Redfish fishing!!!
Attachments
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG (26.69 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
dinner.JPG
dinner.JPG (99.16 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
davespeck.JPG
davespeck.JPG (104.03 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
gregred.JPG
gregred.JPG (87.73 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC