Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mahi Mahi

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Mahi Mahi

Postby cranker789 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

How far off shore are the Mahi? Are they in biscayne bay? i have a fishing kayak and I want to know how far out i have to go to catch so mahi
cranker789

Re: Mahi Mahi

Postby cranker789 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Waters have been way too rough lately to go out into the ocean.. Even in the bay the current is killer for a kayak.. Hoping the waters will settle down soon so i can get out there..
cranker789

Re: Mahi Mahi

Postby cranker789 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

So i went out yesterday on the kayak down by bill bags beach to fish the channel just south of it.. Not to catch Mahi, but anything i could get my hands on really lol.. but not one bit all day! I also got stuck in a rip current and my kayak took some damage against the rocks.. I was using mullet, and i definitly thought I'd get some good fights but nothing.. And the park doesnt open til 8 am fyi; i got there at 6 30 only to wait for an hour and a half.. So I'm sticking to the bay in my kayak for now, until the water gets calm.. And there were mullet by the hundreds jumping all day off the west side of bill bags.. 5-10'' if your looking for them.. So im 0 for 3 in the kayak and losing patiences quickly lol.. Any tips for the bay? I'll either look for spots out of matheson or the rickenbacker next time i think..
cranker789

Return to Florida - Southeast