Terms of Use
 Web Development

WONDERFUL NOVEMBER WEATHER

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

WONDERFUL NOVEMBER WEATHER

Postby captainbutch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:18 pm

11-26-11

I have to keep looking at the calender to actually believe it's November. The weather, winds, and seas have been as beautiful as you could possibly ask for.

The fishing, well, it's almost un-believeable!!!

While Joe Seegers on the "Hooked Up" was catching Wahoo and Blackfin Tuna in the Gulfstream, the commercial guys were catching King Mackerel all around the Frying Pan Tower area, I was off to the South West with Rick Earnhardt from Oak Island,NC., Bo Earnhardt from Raleigh,NC., Jeff Earnhardt from Trinity,NC., and Jeff and Crystal Causey from Trinity,NC.

What we were after was Bottom Fish and just like the rest of the fishing has been more catching lately, so was the bottom bite!!

We caught some of the biggest Triggerfish I have seen in many years. Some, if not most of the Grey Snappers were the biggest I've seen all year. Several nice Rudder Fish, Fat Joltheads, Big Silver Snappers. Several very nice Strawberry Groupers. Tons of huge Black Bass and big Vermillion Snappers,(which we had to release for now), Calico Bass by the dozens, some Ringtails, King Mackerel on the lite line, did I mention sharks? At least three 130 to 150 lb. Lemon Sharks that were released after a photo shoot. And a few hook up's that the guys just couldn't do anything with but have the 100 lb. test line broke like sewing thread!! Even at that, we still brought nearly 400 pounds of fish to the dock. As I said, the catching has turned fantastic for right now!!

Rick, Bo, and Jeff will each be receiving a very nice "Release Certificate" to put on the wall for the big sharks they caught and released. Just another way we say Thank You for fishing with us here at "Yeah Right Charters"!!

The fishing and weather lately have been nothing short of great!!! Don't miss out on these opportunties we are having right now. These don't come our way very often!!
Attachments
112611b.JPG
112611b.JPG (218.75 KiB) Viewed 8321 times
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central