Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Lake Fork Fishing Report

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Lake Fork Fishing Report

Postby David Ozio Guide » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 am

The month of February was one for the record books. Cold water temps had the bass looking for a propane heater and anglers looking for sunshine. The overall numbers weren't great but the quality was excellent. We boated quite a few largemouth's over seven pounds and some of them were knocking on the double digit door. After this massive cold front passes, I expect the bass to move up in large numbers making it easy to find the trophy's we dream of. Until the water temps reach 60 degrees and hold there for a decent period of time, I would continue to throw rattle traps around the hydrilla and concentrate on the points and drains. Red is still a good color but the Chrome has really done well on sunny days lately.

As the bass continue to move up, start to focus on wood. It is amazing how many of these trophy hawgs will spawn next to a big stump or laydown. Light jigs will work well, perch colors on sunny days and black/blue on cloudy days. As of today, main lake temps are still in the 40's. Focus your efforts on the northwest side of the lake especially toward the backs of these pockets. Shallow water will cool faster but it will also warm faster. The action should get good by this coming weekend. Once the water temps stay in the 60's for a while, I will start throwing a swimbait. Pre-spawn fish will trounce this offering before they head up to spawn. Give me a call if your looking to learn something about Fork. I still have days open in March and April.

http://www.lakeforkfishingguideservice.com/
David Ozio Guide

Return to Gulf Coast - Western