Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report March 14th, 2020
Capt. Jerry Chapman
March 14, 2020
Cabo San Lucas - Saltwater Fishing Report
Jc's Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 3/08/20 to 3/14/20
Stop by Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report
The marlin fish has been fair for marlin. Most of the fish caught on mackerel on live bait, few on lures. Best action off the Light House about 3 miles out.
We caught: 6 marlin on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday and 1 on Friday.
Pretty much the end of the season for the dorado, very few.
We caught 1 on Friday and 1 on Saturday.
Has been up and down of the San Jaime banks on cedar plugs and king busters. Most fish 10 to 25 lbs.
We caught: 10 tuna on Sunday.
Small roosters starting to show up from Solmar to the Light House, slow trolling live bait along the beach.
Good numbers of Sierras from the Light House to Los Arcos on hoochies.
Jc's Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well let's get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: Over the next 14 days the Cabo San Lucas forecast suggests the average daytime maximum temperature will be around 26°C, with a high for the two weeks of 29°C expected on the evening of Monday 23rd. The average minimum temperature will be 18°C, dipping to its lowest on the morning of Thursday 19th at 16°C. Expect the coming 14 days to remain predominantly dry. On the whole winds are likely to be moderate.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb
From The Admirals Kitchen!
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna Steaks and Potatoes
Bold and flavorful sheet pan tuna steaks with tender, seasoned baby potatoes made easy on one sheet pan, ready in just 30 minutes!.
- 4 3/4-inch thick tuna fillets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- additional lemon slices for garnish optional
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a large resealable bag along with the tuna fillets. Seal the bag, massage the fillets to rub in the seasonings and distribute all the ingredients. Chill for 15 minutes while you move on to the next step.
2. In a large bowl combine potatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Stir together remaining salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, and garlic powder, sprinkle over potatoes and stir to combine. Arrange potatoes on half of a greased sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, place tuna fillets on the empty half of the sheet pan (add lemon slices if desired), sprinkle parmesan cheese over the potatoes, and return to the oven for 6 minutes. Flip the tuna fillets, and cook for another 6 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Blood orange & star anise fizz
The perfect zesty tipple for a spring celebration. Who could resist a blend of sharp blood orange, star anise and Grand Marnier, topped with bubbles.
- 4 blood oranges, quartered
- 120ml Grand Marnier
- 1 star anise
- 4 tsp tequila
- prosecco or champagne, to top up
1. Soak the blood oranges (skin on) in 100ml Grand Marnier for 3 hrs.
2. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and tip the oranges, along with the soaking liquid, into a small roasting tin or ovenproof dish. Roast in the oven with the star anise for 30-40 mins or until the orange skins start to caramelise. Remove the skins and star anise, and purée the pulp in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and chill until needed.
3. Mix 25ml of the purée with 1 tsp each of tequila and Grand Marnier per cocktail, and top with Prosecco or champagne to serve.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report.
More Fishing Reports: