Lake Taneycomo in Branson, MO
Capt. Eric Prey
January 9, 2014
Taneycomo - Freshwater Fishing Report
Focused Fishing Guide Service a Full time Professional Branson Missouri Fishing Guide Service on Beautiful Table Rock Lake and Taneycomo Lake or Bass, Crappie, White Bass, Pan Fish, and Year round on Taneycomo Lake in Branson Missouri for Brown Trout and Rainbow Trout.
Check our web sites:
By: Branson Fishing Guide Service | Focused Fishing Guide Service
Focused Fishing Guide Service Featured on Byron Velvick's Guide's Eyes on the Outdoor Channel.
Daily generation is still the norm on Taneycomo, the current and lack of fishing pressure has made the fishing fantastic. Here are the top patterns working for Branson fishing guides this past week.
• Gulp and Power Bait Eggs cast upstream allowing the current to drift the boat downstream over flats and drop offs with mixed colors of eggs was a dominate pattern
• Egg flies and "glo bugs" cast upstream on a drift rig have been working well on a drift rig with a two pound leader.
• Micro Marabou jigs have been a top producer below a float. If there is current allow the float to carry the jig downstream along deeper bluff banks, if not cast to bluffs and work the bait back with short twitches
• Zig Jig marabou jigs have been very effective around current breaks. Cast the jig beyond cover or into eddies and work it back with an erratic stop and go retrieve
• Buoyant spoons really produced; gold and orange spoons worked with a quick stop and go retrieve has been very productive around docks and other cover
• A few better fish have been caught on small stickbaits; Rapala and Yozuri in gold or rainbow patterns have been best.
The trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo continues to be excellent, ever changing conditions make it more important than ever to have a guide with the right knowledge to put you on the trout. Call Focused Fishing Guide Service at 417-860-4743 today and book your trip of a lifetime.
More Fishing Reports: