Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Aug 8 - Current Adventure Charters

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Aug 8 - Current Adventure Charters

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:13 pm

Hello everyone, just wanted to catch you up on the fishing reports. The water is really hot and so is the fishing. Sporadic at times, but when you find the fish, they are biting.

First of all, I would like to congratulate team "Current Adventure" on taking top honors in the LMG nearshore invitational this past weekend. Team "Current Adventure" took first place in both the Redfish and the Flounder Categories. Randy, John and myself fished hard all day and made the weigh in with 5 minutes to spare. Talk about stretching it to the limit!! Congratulations to the other winning teams. The sportsmanship and camaraderie was second to none. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Inshore: Redfish and Flounder are the hot inshore species right now. There are plenty of good finger mullets running the ICW and the predators are right there with them. Fish the live bait on Carolina rigs on the bottom near structure for best results. Also got into a school of Jack Crevalle in the ICW over the weekend. Pound for pound, one of the hardest fighting fish in the ocean. Also heard of some big bluefish being caught around some of the local inlets.

Nearshore: Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel and Flounder are all being caught near the beach. Flounder are finally making a good showing along the nearshore live bottoms and artificial reefs. Limits of Spanish Mackerel are being caught along the beach trolling Clark spoons and of course my favorite, the Mickey D's straw. Troll with #1 or #2 planners or with trolling weights. Don't forget, long leaders behind the planners for best results. Also, they have been a lot of big, and I mean Big, King Mackerel caught right on the beach. Live bait is best on the beach, but frozen cigar minnows with work good off the beach. Kings, Dolphin and Sailfish are still being caught around the 10 mile areas. Water temps are in the mid 80's, so look for this to continue until the cooling waters of fall come around.

Offshore: I personally have not been offshore in a couple of weeks, but the word is grouper, grouper and did I say grouper? Good catches are being reported from about 20 miles on out. Kings, Dolphin, Amberjack and Barracuda are also being caught. Also have heard reports of a few yellow fin Tuna being caught within 25 miles of the beach and a few wahoo being caught even closer than that. Man, that water is hot!!

Plenty of good dates available so give me a call and let's go catch some fish!!!

Tight lines to all,

Capt. Brent
Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC
Current Adventure Charter
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central