Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

FISHING REPORT AFTER THE STORM

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

FISHING REPORT AFTER THE STORM

Postby captainbutch » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:55 am

FRIDAY 9-16-05: Today was the first day we could get back offshore after the hurricane. The water all the way to the tower was milky green with a brown tint due to all the stirred up sand. The flying fish that had been so prevelant offshore along with the bait fish were gone. The bottom fish, as usual, were willing to bite somewhat. Pictured in the 1st. picture starting from left are Kevin Byers, Doug Hilliard,Lynn lewis,Wayne Owen,David Collins,and Terry Jones. We were hoping for some king mackeral and/or mahi-mahi, but it was obvious these fish will need a few days to recover after the blow. The only thing a light line was producing today was sharks. With no bait in the area to hold the fish, we opted to stay with the bottom fish. Sometimes switching game plans can mean the difference between fish and no fish!! Out here in mother natures world, we sometimes have to play the cards you are dealt, and today was one of those days. We still had a good time and got plenty of fish for a fish fry!!!
SATURDAY,9-17-05: This morning we left SOUTH HARBOUR MARINA with Rusty Bost and Gary Saine to do a day of bottom fishing. This is the middle picture. We started off SW of the tower. The first stop and the first drop boated a 13 lb. Gag Grouper. But that one turned out to be the only keeper grouper on that rock. We caught some more fish here, grey snapper, B-liners, Black Bass, etc. Then the tide went slack and they quit biting. They were already slowing down before then so I decided to make a move to another ledge about 10 miles to the SE. We got here and got anchored up , and here we were able to finish up our day with a good catch of fish even though the water was still pretty dirty. But it was obvious to me that the water was starting to get back to normal and the fish seem to be getting more hungry as the days progress. The water is cleaner on the SW side of the tower and today I seen some bait and a few flying fish starting to show back up. the fall fishing is getting ready to explode any day!!!! Another great day of fishing on the "YEAH RIGHT" !!!!! Guys, we enjoyed it, we hope you did also!!!
SUNDAY,9-18-05: OK, here we go!!! Today we had the guys from DC and MD back with us, we even had John's best friend James from Hawaii with us today. The group today consisted of John Blakeney,Vander Covington,Ray Johnson,Tony Fouch,and James Young. We went back to the ledge South of the tower today. The fish were biting fair, but not like I wanted them to. Well, I knew of a ledge on the SW side about 10 miles from where we were and I just believed we would do better there. I don't know why, I guess after you do this long enough you sorta get a 6th sense or something, I don't know!! Well we pulled anchor and left out for the ledge. When we got there and got anchored up, IT WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a look at the shark Vander pulled to the surface, this was a BIG SHARK!!!! At this ledge we were catching fish two at a time, some of the biggest B-liners I have seen in years, Huge Trigger fish, Big Grey snapper,Tony caught a nice Yellowtail snapper, John, he was the trigger fish king with the most, but Vander caught the biggest one. Oh yeah, take a look at Vander's Hog Nose Snapper he also caught!!! we even picked up a few Grouper here. Tony gave us a good compliment today I would like to share with you; He told us that they go on the 24 hour fishing trips where you ride out for three hours, fish for eighteen hours then ride back, but he said we catch MORE FISH fishing on the "YEAH RIGHT" in a ten hour trip than we do on the 24 hour trips fishing for 18 hours. I don't know, mabey we just try harder, THANKS Tony!!! The fish you see here were caught by 31/2 fishermen, and that's all I'm going to tell about that one!! Guys, this is what it's all about, as always, we had a great time Capt. Chris and I were still laughing last night at some of the days events.You can check out the pic's on my site. We would like to take a moment to let all of our fishermen and fisherwomen know that we appreciate all of you, for without all of you, what we do would be useless!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and Bodie (the fish dog) says HI!!! YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport, NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com [email protected]
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central