Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

FISHING REPORT

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

FISHING REPORT

Postby captainbutch » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 pm

What a week/month we have had. I don't ever remember the winds being this unsettled this time of year. We have had to stay mostly close in to the beach where the bite has been anywhere from real tough to not at all. The first few weeks we were plaged with "grass" everywhere fouling your lines when you tried to fish. But it's now all washed up on the beach!! The only exceptations have been a few times that we have been able to take advantage of the Islands blocking the SW winds where we could run up to Carolina Beach, but, here also, the bite has been real slow with mainly Shark fishing providing some action. The shark fishing has also been sproatic!! The reefs around 10 miles out at Carolina Beach have produced a few King Mackeral, Spanish Mackeral, and a stray Mahi- Mahi or two! The usual fish holding spots off our beach has produced some fish over the past few weeks, the trouble has been finding calm enough seas to get out there. The inshore fishing for King Mackeral and Spanish Mackeral has been about as slow as I have ever seen it. When we were able to get offshore before all this wind moved in we were doing real good with the Grouper and Bottom fish in the areas around the Tower and to the East and South West. The King Mackeral and Spanish Mackeral bite in these areas were fairly good as well. Hopefully when we do get back out there the fish will still be there, but, from what I've seen so far this year, I wouldn't be suprised at anything!! If you are not trying to make a living in the charter boat business, count your blessings this year. We have cancelled more trips than we have run, and the trips we have run has been real hard to produce fish on. This is the best I can come up with at this time, it's hard to provide a fishing report when you are sitting on "the hill" waiting for the winds and seas to calm down so you can get back out!! Yeah, I know, this is not the kind of report you want to be reading here in July, but I am known for telling it like it really is and sometimes the "truth hurts"!! Let's all just hope that by the time you are reading this that things have turned around for the better and once again the word from the back of the boat will be"FISH ON"!!! Capt Butch, www,yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central