Terms of Use
 Web Development

Wrightsville Beach Black Drum April 10, 2008

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Wrightsville Beach Black Drum April 10, 2008

Postby Capt Rick Bennett » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am

Hi Folks,
Fishing has pretty much been on fire this past week. Spanish mackerel head the list with reds a close second. We even caught a nice king on a 1/4 oz. "Maria" jig. Please see the photo gallery on my website for all the pics.
Now here's my report:

Inshore: Redfishing has heated up and fish are biting very well. Live bait has moved into the area and the reds seem to like it. Flounder are doing well near the inlets and some are biting in Snow's Cut and the river. A few big bluefish in the 6 pound range have been terrorizing live bait in some of the creeks.

Near Shore: Spanish mackerel continue to be the big bite here. Trolling with clarkspoons and bird rigs or casting with small jigs has been producing very nice catches. Beware: kings have moved in with all the bait and may hit your lure or jig!

Offshore: Kings are biting well in the 8-10 mile areas as well as further out in the 18 to 25 mile spots. Live bait, dead bait and even GULP cigar minnows are catching fish.

Gulfstream: I have received reports of some very nice mahi and wahoo catches. A few blackfin tuna and some billfish are around as well.

It's hard to believe that we are already approaching the July 4th weekend. Fishing should be excellent and for those that are interested, I have some prime dates open for the 4th weekend. Hope to see you. Until then.....
LETS GO FISHING!!!

Capt. Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
910-799-6120[/img]
Capt Rick Bennett
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central