Terms of Use
 Web Development

NEW TRICKS FOR OLD FISH

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

NEW TRICKS FOR OLD FISH

Postby captainbutch » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

8-2-10
Today I was honored to have some hometown folks on board. Dale Wood and his son Alan live just a few miles from where I was born and raised out towards Reeds Cross Roads @ Lexington,NC. And with them was Matt Bright from Winston Salem,NC which is just up Hwy 150 from the area.
When I met them at the dock and they said that they wanted big fish that would fight and make their arms sore. Well, that was all I needed to hear.
We got some live bait this morning and with our Eastern Tackle jigs, http://www.easterntackle.com I set a course to a wreck offshore some twenty miles and off we went.
When we got there the big AJ's were waiting for us!! And it was only a matter of seconds until the first rod was wrapped under the boat and the drag was screaming on the IRT Spinning Reel. http://www.irtreels.com
This went on for the whole morning. Fish after fish, big fish after big fish. They were breaking lines, pulling hooks, and just plain wearing the anglers to a frazzle as most were brought to the boat.
We kept a limit and released the rest to fight again another day.
People will tell you that AJ's aren't any good to eat. That's their loss!!! If you know how to handle them when caught, and cook them right, like our recipe, "Heavenly Broiled Fish" on our recipe page, then you will be in for a treat.
You know, you may think you know it all, but I am here to tell you that you are never too old to learn something new and today I learned how to really catch AJ's.
Yeah, really!!! I thought I was pretty good at it. But, Matt showed me a new twist today that will be forever incorporated into our AJ fishing from now on.
I am telling you, even when the AJ's would turn up their noses at the live bait, and even the jigs, this tackle technique was still more than they could resist. IT WORKED AWESOME AND EVERYTIME!!
I couldn't believe the results this was getting, but I saw it with my own eyes, absolutely amazing!!!! I can hardly wait to try it again. If it works as good next time, my AJ fishing may very well reach international status!!!
Thanks Matt for showing me how to do this, and as promised, I will keep it a secret!!! So, sorry, I made a promise, and I won't go back on my word!!!
Till next time, can't wait until the next AJ trip, and may God Bless You All!!!!
Fish On!!!!
Capt Butch & 1st Mate Chris Foster
PROVERBS 20:20 Get all the advice you can and be wise the rest of your life.

http://www.yeahrightcharters.com
910 845-2004
Attachments
080210a.JPG
080210a.JPG (176.79 KiB) Viewed 5574 times
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central