Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

NEED HELP!!!! Rookie to salt here.

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

NEED HELP!!!! Rookie to salt here.

Postby mizzoumo0352 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm brand new to saltwater fish. I have a lotttt of rainbow/brown trout and bass and smallmouth freshwater experience. I'm stationed at Parris Island and don't have a boat. I want to get back into fly fishing but now I'm just using my light tackle. I'm wondering if anyone would talk to or take me and show me just the basics of Redfish fishing. I've been reading a lot but I just can't seem to get into em. As of now I just fish Parris Island. I've read a lot that says its a good place. I've tried sight fishing but can't find them in the grassy mud flats or on the sand flats either. I've found a place that's a gray sand flat that's about 20 yards wide and 80 yards long that's about 2 feet deep and right on the edge it drops to deep water. There is also a pretty big oyster mud bed on one end of it. I like to use artificial baits. DOA shrimp and CALs. Gulp shrimp in every color. Gold/ silver spoons. 1/4 and 1/8 ounce jigheads in many colors. Gotcha plugs. Can anyone else recommend anything please? If you know the PI area I fish the mouth of Ribbon Creek and other creek mouths on the out going tides. During high I try to fish a shallow sandy grass flats by sight fishing or just casting. I fish the skinny creeks sometimes too. I've heard that fishing the broad river on windy/ wavy days is not so good cause reds prefer the less active water. If anyone could give me tips and tricks or could talk with me or even better take and shower me I would appreciate it very very much. Thank y'all for even taking you time to read this. Have a good one. Thanks again!
mizzoumo0352

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central