Terms of Use
 Web Development

Shark Fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing Ft. Lauderdale

Virginia to Maine

Moderator: admin

Shark Fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing Ft. Lauderdale

Postby Capt. Zsak » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Nick Brady from Chicago was here in Fort Lauderdale on a business conference. With a half a day to kill before his flight out, Nick chartered the Happy Day Today to do some deep sea sport fishing with the Topshotfishing team in Fort Lauderdale FL. I asked Nick what type of fish he would like to catch; he did not have a preference, but would be just happy to get out on the Ocean.

With blue skies, winds out of the east at 7-12 mph and a light chop, we headed towards the sea buoy that sits in 120 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale FL which is the drop off – 1.8 miles from shore – twenty minutes from the dock, lines were in the water. We had four surface baits and two deep plainers down. With just one angler on board, we knew it would be exciting.

Kingfish were biting the previous day – I headed towards the same area – an artificial reef that sits in 140 ft. of water. As I kept trolling around the artificial wreck catching Kingfish, Bonitos, and Black Fin Tunas, I asked Nick if he would like to do some Shark fishing. So, off I went to an area where I do my Shark fishing in Fort Lauderdale in 350 ft. – we put out one surface Shark bait, one mid range and one bottom bait, covering all three levels the Sharks would be cruising in. With forty-five minutes into Shark fishing, the bottom Shark bait rod bent over. Immediately Jackson, our mate, had his hands full bringing in the other two Shark baits. Nick climbed into the fighting chair, strapped in to do battle. With a tug of war, line going in and out, added to the excitement of not knowing what was at the end of the line. Fifty minutes later, the Shark was brought to the boat – pictures were taken and the Shark was set free to fight another day. Nick was impressed with the beauty of the Shark and decided to do a replica mount.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea sport fishing charter in South Florida for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [email protected], http://www.topshotfishing.com.
Attachments
Shark Nick small.jpg
Shark Nick small.jpg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 11633 times
Capt. Zsak
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Atlantic Coast - Northeastern