Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

31' SeaVee Construction Pics

All Matters Dealing with Boats

Moderator: admin

Postby RudyGomez » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:06 pm

July 14:

Another week has past since my last visit to SeaVee. Lots of noticeable progress to report. The rigging of the cap was completed today and will be joined with the hull tomorrow. Console wiring and electronics installation was approx. 75% complete. They expect to install the console this week.

Finishing up under gunnel wiring.

LED under gunnel lighting

Electronics and controls installed

Rear view of electronics

Close-up of wiring

T-top pipe work
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?

Postby Magic Hook » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:02 am

Rudy, I see you have a ladder up to the T Top, are you getting a second station?
Capt. Rick
Magic Hook
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Postby RudyGomez » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:04 am

Rick,

Yes. :roll:

I'm basically building my dream boat and I've always dreamed about an upper station. I'll soon see how useful it is...
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:15 pm

July 17:

The pace appears to have quickened. The cap and console have been installed. The massive wiring job continues. And the hard top was being attached to the pipe work for installation in the next few days. I can practically feel the salt spray.

Overall view of the boat - cap and console installed.

Installing the starboard rub rail

Here's Robert installing one of the gunnel mounted rod holders

View of forward deck area

Console: installed since my last update are the ignition switches, gauges, Floscan and autopilot.

Here's a view from the forward deck. That's Mario in the console continuing his wiring masterpiece.

Here's the hard top being attached to the pipe work
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:53 pm

July 21:

Work continues... Delivery expected in approx. 2 weeks. Currently waiting for one of the motors which is scheduled to arrive on Monday, July 26. Hard top is ready to install. Here are some of today's photos:

Overall view of the boat today.

Mario is still wiring... The battery selector switches and breaker panel added

Latest shot of console - Plexiglas cover installed & motor trim and tilt controls added.

Actuators for electronic controls

Radar antenna installed on hard top
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:43 pm

The boat is about one week away from completion... if everything comes together as planned.

You'll notice they've mounted an engine, but are still waiting on another which should arrive on Monday. If the engine arrives as scheduled, the first sea trial could come as early as Tuesday.

Since my last visit, the following items were installed: one engine, hard top and antennas, combing bolsters, hatches and battery charger.

View from the bow. That's JR (SeaVee shop foreman) and my son (LittleG) in the foreground.

View from the stern

Motor well and transom

Here's a view of the aft deck. Combing bolsters are in the process of being installed and hatches are in place. There's a worker about to enjoy a pastelito.

Here's a view of the forward deck. Hatches and combing bolsters installed.

There's Mario still working on the wiring

Close-up of console wiring

Hard Top - Radar antenna mount and GPS antennas
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:16 pm

July 31:

Still waiting on an engine. I feel confident SeaVee is doing everything in their power to secure the missing left engine. After all, they can't close on the boat until it's complete. Now, there's also a 34' waiting for a left DF250 as well...

All the electronics are fully installed. They were in the process installing the electronics access doors and the interior side panels of the console. Installation of at least one of the aft deck access panels will have to wait until the engine shows up - it's the only way to access the bottom 2 bolts of the missing engine's mount...

Next up is the installation of the tackle station and outriggers. Then, the boat's final production cleaning.

Boot stripe and upper station installed.

Still only one engine. Upper station in folded down position.

Console rod holders installed.

Here's a pic of the drains for each console rod holder.

Wiring complete and top electronics access door installed.

Here's a close-up of the great work done by Mario and the folks at SeaVee.

Another close-up of the wiring.

... And another wiring photo.
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:46 pm

August 4:

The missing engine has arrived and I will be taking delivery the middle of next week. No much else to say...

Here are some photos from today:

Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:13 pm

August 7:

The "CyberAngler" tastes saltwater for the first time and gets passed by a jeep - see below...

Went down to SeaVee this morning to find my boat was gone for a sea trial. So, we hightailed it to Pelican Harbor Marina on 79 St. just a few miles from SeaVee. I pulled in just in time to see the boat backed down the ramp.

Rolando and Eric from SeaVee ran the engines and checked all the systems onboard. All was fine until they ran into a problem with the Autopilot. While trouble shooting, the skies opened up and it began to pour. They decided to call it a day.

Here are some photos from today:

Nice color scheme...

Look who showed up - it's Maverick.

Sitting pretty

While at Pelican Harbor Marina...

If you're ever bored on a weekend day, there's never a dull moment at any of Miami's public marinas.

While the guys from SeaVee were getting ready to start my engines for the first time, a guy backs in a jet ski in the spot next us on the ramp. As he's backing up, I notice he's looking in the rear mirror oblivious to the fact that his rear tires already completely submerged. I shout at the guy to be careful and he finally realizes he's in deep.

He then tries to drive his Jeep Cherokee back up the ramp, but with each attempt, the car lunges a few inches forward and then retreats further back each time. By this time, the front wheels are starting to submerge.

At this point it's evident he's going to need help getting his jeep out of the water. I get as close as I can and shout to the guy (in Spanish), "engage the emergency brake, put the car in Park and turn off your engine. We'll find someone to help pull you out". The guys from SeaVee then repeat similar advise, but to no avail.

His last words were something to the effect, "Don't worry, I can do it. You just have to go slow...". Then bubbling sounds as the car floats away and sinks.

Going...

Going...

Gone.

First one, and then two tow trucks could not pull the jeep out. Soon after, it starting pouring and we split.
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby RudyGomez » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:01 pm

August 13:

First, a word out to all my friends and acquaintances on Florida's Southwest and West cost. The hurricane is looking mighty fierce and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

The right-hand engine arrived yesterday and SeaVee wasted no time in mounting the motor.

At 8:30 this morning, I got a call from someone (who will remain nameless) at SeaVee to let me know my boat was leaving for another sea trial. My son and I wasted no time in getting to Pelican Harbor Marina in North Biscayne Bay. We met Eric (quality control & and sea trial guy) and Rolando (senior electronics technician) at the marina and they invited onboard for the sea trial.

Once we got out on the water it was blowing a good 20-25 knots, and near 30 by the time we headed in around 11:00 am. We spent much of the time calibrating and the auto pilot and then the radar. Later we made two speed runs where the boat reached 52 (against the wind) & 53 mph (with the wind), 5200 rpm at WOT with the motors trimmed all the way down. Here are a few photos from today:

Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby Stella5000 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:23 am

very nice boat
Stella5000
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Postby RudyGomez » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:22 pm

Final Update:

Well, the boat is finished and it's awesome!

Spent the entire weekend on the boat - duh!

Saturday morning we went snorkeling/lobstering just south of Soldiers Key. We caught a few bugs and everyone had a great time. Found out that I don't know how to attach the boat's Armstrong ladder. No one on the boat could figure it out either. Just one of those things I didn't think I needed to ask (any tips appreciated). On the way back from Soldiers, we averaged 42 MPH and made it to Haulover Cut in 25 minutes.

Spent the rest of the day giving rides to family and friends that had gathered to give CyberAngler a proper christening. Below are some final photos for this thread.

Sunday, team CyberAngler made their inaugural fishing trip and it was a great success. I will be posting a fishing report in the South Florida forum later today.

And lastly, but certainly not least, a sincere thanks everyone who has wished me well. It was a pleasure sharing this experience with you.

My son with the boat's first lobster.

Family & Friends take their first cruise down the Intracoastal.

Me and my SeaVee after a very nice christening ceremony with family and friends.
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby fishinginnj » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:17 am

beautiful boat...we are going for the 34 ..14 mons out....might go used till then
fishinginnj
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby fishinginnj » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:21 am

just not sold on the station on top of the hardtop
fishinginnj
Swabbie
Swabbie

Previous

Return to Boating