Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Good afternoon!

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

Good afternoon!

Postby JaxFisher » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:15 pm

Hey there all. I just found this forum, and I'm looking forward to learning from you and contributing where I can. I'm new to the fishing game here in Jacksonville, FL, but I hope to become a true weekend warrior.

Without boring you too much, some background: i'm a 32 year old, married, two kids, structural engineer in town. My goal is to get my wife and kids out camping and fishing. We've been once, and had a blast. My problem is I don't know anything about the local fishing/camping. I hope to be able to glean information from you all, and contribute back to you my experiences.

So, first question: what good spots are there within 200 miles of Jax that have camping and freshwater fishing? Thanks!
JaxFisher

Welcome

Postby bielefeld » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am located in Sebastian, so I do not know much about the fishing in your area, but I will try and help you any way I can. Tightlines 8)
Capt. Ron Bielefeld
Tight-Lines Inshore Guide Service
Sebastian, FL
bielefeld
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Postby JaxFisher » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:54 am

Thanks a bunch! I went to a local fishing store yesterday and got some maps showing the state parks. Maybe I will drift further from home than I originally planned. Anyway, I'll post more on that when I have the maps in front of me. I think it's also smart of me not to limit myself to freshwater fishing. Hugenot Park here in Jax allows camping on their beach, so I could take my boy out there and do some surf fishing. Bottom line is, I don't know much about any type of fishing, so if I set up a trip to either, you can bet I'll be buggin you fellas for info on the best bait, hooks, etc. Thanks again!
JaxFisher

Return to Florida - East Coast