Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Looking for good tips near Tomoka River and Surf FISHING

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

Looking for good tips near Tomoka River and Surf FISHING

Postby Ryncrash » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:11 pm

Me and Friend love to surf fish and fish the rivers we could use some tips on the locations and what to use far as Bait. We are useing live baits far as shrimp and pin fish but all we can catch is Sting Rays and CatFish. There has to be something we are doing wrong.. What is it other people are catching Snook BIG Snook and Big Red Fish and some Trout in the Creek heads and bridges.. Some one give me some Advise on the location of Tomoka River and the ICW what to use and where?

On Surf Fishing is there a web site or book that i can read to help out my Surf fishing... i love to surf and fish in the same day... i would like to get really good surf fishing so what do i need i have 14 foot pole on a big penn i can get live mullet and pin fish deep but what kinda RIG do i use and what do i fish for i get alot of Cat and jack in the beach some Flouder and others

I was Suprise i hooked up a Cobia it was just about 24 inchs but i was suprised to see a Cobia that close to the Shore.... There has been Reports that Cobia have been Coasting the Shore of Flager.. and i went down there and hooked up one on Live Shrimp just useing a float.....

So someone help me.. i need someone to so me the ways so that i can be alot better at Fishing so one day i will be a inshore Captin... Captin Black LOL thanks Later
how do i tie a not.
Ryncrash
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby razorreilly09 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:37 pm

Cpt. Black, cats and rays are everywhere, in all inshore waters. The reason they are caught more than "wanted fish" is because nobody ever keeps them so the population skyrockets. Those fish that are kept, ie; trout, reds, ect, have through the generations become smarter. Think about it, if dumb people were taken off this planet everytime they did something dumb, there would be no more dumb people, only us inteligent folks. Same with fish. The thing is, the fish we all look for are usually in the waters we think they are in, its just outsmarting them. Start with a few simple things, try going to a creek or river, use clear line, and no extra hardware, ie; swivels, clips, ect. Try freelining whatever bait seems to be present in the area, usually, a live mullet work great in any inshore water. Crabs also work good for reds and balck drum. dead bait is easy prey for any trashfish. Just be patient, cahnge your bait as needed, and move if you dont get a hit in 20-30 mins. Goodluck-Jeff
razorreilly09
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby Ryncrash » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Thanks But i have been trying alot of Top water and Rapla Jigs and Crank Baits for those big lazy snook, And *beep* they aren't lazy when they hit... but what im looking for is some cool spots i have high bridge pass and Tomoka Creek Mouth

Well if you want some big Snook Tomoka Creek Mouth is full of them i hooked up a 38 inch Snook there about 23 pounds man i was kicking my self that it wasn't Snook Season... And she was FAT too man i have pic i need to put them up on the Forum so i can so you...
It was funny i have a little bait caster i was useing to catch reds and trout with and i put it down to get something to drink form the cooler it was tipped with a shrimp and in the matter of me turning my back to the freaking poll.. the poll was flying down the beach.... ( THE POLE IS A 5 foot 12 pound test ) so i lighten up the drag and the snook starts to spin out my line so i start to run down the beach. Trying to get as much line as i could but after 200 yards or so. My friend got tried of trying to fight the fish so he ran back 200 yards grab the drop net and ran 300 yards to me... Im still letting the fish take line but im Reeling as much as i can in...
So my Friend get back to me and jumps in the River.... LOL i mean DIVEs in to the river with the net Westle the fish out and there i caught a huge snook with my friend.. it was cool but lame i wanted to fight that fish all night with 12 pound test on a little bait caster but, My friend was tried of RUNNING LOL
how do i tie a not.
Ryncrash
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - East Coast