Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Miami Back Country Peacock Bass Report

Including: Lake Okeechobee, Kissimmee Chain, Stick Marsh/Farm 13, etc.

Moderator: admin

Miami Back Country Peacock Bass Report

Postby COBRA169 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 pm

The Miami Peacock bass bite is now in it's summer peak. Most of the fish we're running into are off their beds and chasing down minnows wherever they can find them. There's still a few bedding now but you really have to search the deeper waters to find them. The best bite will be the active feeders when the sun is way up in the sky. On that point , it's important to remember to keep hydrated when your out there looking for them....bring plenty of fluids. Ya don't want to have a day ruined by heat exhaustion.
Ok, now back to the fishing. I was lucky enough to take a couple of Peacock charters out in the last week or so. One charter with one of my best clients was a morning affair. We started off throwing minnow like lures at some schoolies and landed a few. Later on in the day we found a few late nester's ,and landed a couple of nice one's using DOA shrimp tossed close to the nesting area. All her fish were released unharmed. On my second trip I had the pleasure of taking a recently retired marine patrol officer, and his niece on their first Peacock bass adventure. Paul was more concerned on getting Taylor who is about to leave to start her Coast Guard career on her first Peacock bass. Let me tell yous she takes her fishing very seriously....she makes her own rods folks! Anyways we headed off in the canal systems for a half day afternoon trip i hope of scratching Peacock bass off her list. The day was productive but not spectacular, with some nice Peacock's landed and a surprise baby Tarpon to boot....not bad,huh.
Anyways like always we took some pics of the day for yous to check out. I look forward to our next report. TIGHT LINES.
Trip one.
Attachments
DOAPPICS002_zps130405f6.jpg
002_zps8f539b63.jpg
001_zpse8cec91a.jpg
COBRA169
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to Florida – Fresh Water