Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Lake Erie Steelhead Report November 2007

Fishing in and around the Great Lakes region including all tributaries and adjoining states.

Moderator: admin

Lake Erie Steelhead Report November 2007

Postby JackSprat » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:50 pm

Fishing conditions right now are excellent. The only wild card is the weather and how that will affect the stream levels, water temperatures, and your comfort. Any day with temps in the 40’s, cloudy, no or light precipitation, and rising stream levels will be ideal.

I fished from after the last snow fall beginning on November 7 until the day after the big rain late on November 12th. With the exception of Tuesday the 13th when the streams got high and muddy, everyone caught fish with single eggs, egg sacs, flies, lures, jigs & maggots, and minnows.

Early in the trip the lower sections of Elk and Walnut Creeks were best for me, but I was told that eastside and Bay fishing was great too.

By Wednesday morning the 14th, the stream levels dropped and the great fishing started again. Fish have reached Route 79 on Elk Creek so you can now find groups of fish holding in all the normal spots on most Elk Creek.

Check the weather and make your plans. The next three weeks should be great.

A more detailed blog of my trip can be found at http://www.storytrax.com/node/1074
A 63-Year old who was down-sized into early retirement and is making the most of each day.
JackSprat
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Great Lakes Regoin