Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

First fishing trip on the south est coast

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

First fishing trip on the south est coast

Postby lug » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:46 pm

:shock: I'm travelling over from the Uk at end of October for a holiday with my girlfriend and will probaby be doing a bit of fishing as well.

I was hoping i could get some information on fishing from the shore or piers u know tactics,bait etc.

Will most likely be staying either in South beach,Miami or Daytona.

Any help would be great,i did fish down from Tampa in june but was red tided out so was difficult.Still better than most of the Uk though!
lug

SE Florida end of October

Postby robalo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:43 pm

What a lucky man you are. Now this was many years ago mind you; but the end of October was usually at the heighth of the transition that occurs when the warm water fish were fading and others were migrating from the North to take over.Bakers Haulover has a productive inlet that emptys into the Atlantic and just a little North of the inlet is a fishing pier.Are you bringing any of your own gear?I have been hearing the winters have been mild in Florida for a while which means you could encounter any number of species. The two places I have suggested would be good for a starting point.Another thing to consider is to go fishing aboard a party boat. The fishing over the reefs and wrecks in Florida can be fantastic. I have no idea how much the rates are today,but back in the 60`s and70`s it was reasonable and cost saving in the long run for visitors.Tell you what ally, I`LL Pm you some more info. including websites. If you go on a party boat, make sure you drag yourself out of bed early and get a spot at the stern of the boat (really important)
"keep your head high and your pole straight in front of you." Captain John Brown, Marathon FL.1971
robalo
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby GhostRider » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Let me know, when you are coming down here?
Daniel Uribe
GhostRider
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Florida - Southeast