Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fishing out of Hillsboro and Boca Inlets

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Fishing out of Hillsboro and Boca Inlets

Postby bocaengraving » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:51 pm

Newcomer to this area. Any good fishing locations out of these inlets. GPS's would help.
bocaengraving

Postby GhostRider » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:53 pm

I do not regularly fish there areas. However, there is bait on the south side of the inlet @ boca. In haulover sometimes there is bait under the bridge or on the north jetty. If bait is not a concern you can buy it which is easier.
I have had good luck fishing north of Haulover for bottom fish, king fish and sailfish. target depth 130ft - 100.
Out of Boca Inlet head towards the steeple<church> Same target depth.

I do not have specific GPS numbers but what you can do is but a TOP SPOTs map for your area. It has many wrecks on it as well.
Good luck
Daniel Uribe
GhostRider
First Mate
First Mate

I bottom fish all the time off hillsburo!

Postby askipper3 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:38 am

Fishing is great here!!! I catch goruper and yellowtails on the reefs all the time in 45 to 150 feet and you don't really need a gps to have a good time and release a nice kingfish. Just supply the right baits( like the live ones off boca in the article above) and dead baits of all sorts drifted on the bottom. Find drift boats and and if you don't have a fishfinder( depth) get one - you will need it!!! I like the south side of hillsburo - but the boca inlet has good kingfishing i've heard in about 200 feet. Swordfishing and sailfishing make it awsome- swords in about 1000 feet. Give it a try- Bye! :o
I am 15 and I have a 17 foot sea fox CC. I am a avid fisherman, and I cannot get enough of it!
But i still have much to learn, I'll take all the pointers I can get, but belive me, I can teach some of the most avid fisherman, a thing or too. :-) I specialize in grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, spanish mackerel, kings, etc. Hit me up if u wanna go fishin!
askipper3
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to Florida - Southeast