Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Captain Jims Holiday Blast 2008

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Captain Jims Holiday Blast 2008

Postby C Jim » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Happy Holidays and a very prosperous new year to you all. Thank you to all my clients for fishing with me in 2008 and hope to see you again in 2009. Before I left the country this past week, fishing Flamingo was very steady. This time of the year is a great time to take a child fishing as Spanish mackerel are red hot. A hook up lure tipped with shrimp on a piece of wire leader has been catching a lot of Spanish mackerel, sometimes one after another. These little guys are a blast on light tackle for any youngster including those young at heart. On calmer days, we’ve caught up to 125 of these little mackerels in a day so far this year, with pompano, jacks, Ladyfish, a couple of nice redfish with some triple tail in the mix.

On some of the Flats in Florida Bay the water was deep green, which appeared to be a start of an algae bloom. It was a very calm day and very overcast with falling tide made it hard to be sure. Now that I’m back in the states and gong out again, it will sure to be different and the water has improved. When I did find clean water, I found an abundant load of redfish tailing and waking along with a couple of snook here and there, eating flies real well. I’m back on the water tomorrow, gas prices are down, so, so are mine. I am now at $500 a full day, $400 a half and a holiday special of 15% off with a mention of this add. Please have a safe and a some what sober holiday season.

Tight Lines!

Capt. Jim Hale

Hurricanes Sportfishing Charters

Homestead, FL 33030

O 786-255-1788 F 305-396-4986

www.hurricanesportfishingcharters.com
C Jim
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Florida - Southeast