Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Catching Sails???

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Catching Sails???

Postby Natural Mystic » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:17 pm

Hello, i posted a message on another board dealing with the waters to your north, I fished out of Stuart in jan. and i am coming back down the second week of march. I was wondering what the sailfish/offshore scene will be like. Is it worth it to go a little further south to get into better sailfishing action rather than stay in stuart? Cant wait to get down there. thanks for all the help. jeff
Natural Mystic

Postby RudyGomez » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:15 am

While sailfish do migrate up and down the Florida coast, I don’t think you can time or pinpoint their movements weeks in advance. Their movements are going to depend on weather patterns and bait movements – just to name two factors.

In March, the hot bite may be further south, or it may be in Stuart. Since the sailfish bite can conceivably be good anywhere along Florida Southeast Coast, I suggest you plan your trip on other factors like the captain or type of fishing desired.

If you have a favorite captain, give him a try – it's a known quantity. Or, you can plan your trip by fishing style... In the Stuart area, they do a lot of trolling because it allows them to cover more area. Further south in Miami, for example, where the sailfish alleys are rather narrow, captains prefer to kite fish with live bait.

If you are intent on pinpointing the hot bite, you’re going to have to wait until the last possible minute, and even then, you may hear those dreaded words, "You should have been here yesterday."
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?
How about cuttin’ some bait?

Postby Ryncrash » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:26 pm

I dont know how to catch Sails i never been but would like to LOL good luck and man your one lucky guy i need a BOAT!!!!
how do i tie a not.
Ryncrash
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - Southeast