Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Trailer repair

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Trailer repair

Postby newzboys » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 am

Well our trailer is almost done being worked on, we had a problem with the front crossmember, it was not vbent, and when the boat was loaded onto it at some ramps the keel was getting some minor scratches on it...until the rubber pad on the crossmember wore through then it became gelcoat and fiberglass damage.

We had the keel grinded and sanded down, duraglass repair work, and gelcoat redone.

Swapped out the stock crossbar for a vbent with a corkscrew roller attached to it, that should do the trick.

If you need anything trailer related go to Ames on stirling road in Hollywood, good oldfashioned family business that has people that care about their customers. I made the mistake of thinking that I could just buy the crossbar, cut it down to size and drop it into place... :bang:

next time I'm going to pay them whatever they want for the labor to do the work, the aluminum in that crossbar must have been 1/4' thick, my chop saw couldn't handle it, and it made short work of the teeth on two bandsaw blades....

Anyways, I can't wait to do some fishing, all work and no play gets old
newzboys

Return to Florida - Southeast