Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Off Shore Fishing Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy Day T

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Off Shore Fishing Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy Day T

Postby Capt. Zsak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Tim, Rick and their group of friends from Chicago chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep-sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had some wind blowing 15 mph out of the east, and the sea conditions were 2 to 4 feet with clear blue water.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, we were trolling in 150 feet of water while the first mate put out 4 surface lines with 2 planners and a teaser. I started heading out to deeper waters where there were bait fish and a little more current. We stayed in the area trolling from deeper waters to shallower. All of a sudden, I saw a fish bust on the surface. We got to the area, and the long planner line went off. As we started reeling that fish in, we got a bite on the right rigger surface line as well. The anglers reeled in both fish, and they were both Mahi Mahi’s. As the anglers brought the Mahi’s into the boat, I saw another couple of fish in the area. This time we had 2 lines come down at the same time and another double header Mahi’s on. The anglers fought the two Mahi’s, and the first mate gaffed both fish into the boat.

I went back to the area where we got the bites, and before we could reach it, a rigger line came down, and the angler reeled in a Bonita. Now, it didn’t take long before we hooked another Mahi. Once all the guys in the group caught fish, we started the rotation again. I went deeper to 400 feet of water, and as the baits were coming off the backs of the waves all of a sudden, the line came down with drag pulling off the reel. A Sailfish started jumping out of the water. The angler fought the Sailfish before it pulled the hooks. We went back to trolling, and we hooked another few Bonitas putting them into the fish box to be used for bait. As I was making a turn over a sunken ship wreck, we got a bite and had another Mahi on.

After a great morning fishing with the guys, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-439-8106 or email us at [email protected]
Attachments
Mahi Tim.jpeg
Mahi Tim.jpeg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 10371 times
Capt. Zsak
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Florida - Southeast