Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fishing Report 9/7/04

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Fishing Report 9/7/04

Postby reeltite22 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:27 pm

Hurricanes Charley and Frances have beat up both coasts of Florida and made everyday life a challenge in South Florida. I send out my best wishes to those that have been impacted by either hurricane.

Everglades National Park/ Ten Thousand Island

Hurricane Charley changed the salinity and water clarity in the 10,000 islands and the bait disappeared, so the fish for the most part followed suit. Some fish have been caught and the fishing was improving, however Hurricane Frances may change all that.

We did have some really good fishing out of Flamingo (8/27&8/28). Water clarity and salinity seem to have been relatively normal for this time of year. I was fortunate enough to fish with Mike and Anthony for two days. We hooked 12 tarpon over 80 pounds and did not land one! Tarpon fishing can be a humbling experience even for the most talented angler. We did land several baby tarpon. The tarpon action was almost all day and non stop. We did have two or three fish on for about 45 minutes.

We also caught seatrouts, snooks, sharks, jacks, tripletails and redfishes. Flamingo, provided all around good fishing.

We will need to see what changes Hurricane Frances will bring to the overall area.

Biscayne Bay

Good baby tarpon fishing and heavy weight snooks.

Several days after Hurricane Charley made landfall I took my wife out fishing and we caught jacks, ladyfish and she jumped two tarpon and landed one.

The night time tarpon fishing has been better than expected and should get better with the bait migration later in the month.

The big story has been the heavy weight snooks in the cuts.

Reeltite, bow to the king and the prince.

Check out my website:www.reeltitefishing.com

Do not miss out on the great fall bait migration. Great weather and outstanding fishing.
Call now and set up a trip.
Checkout Website: www.reeltitefishing.com
reeltite22
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - Southeast