Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fishing Report 10/26

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Fishing Report 10/26

Postby reeltite22 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:12 pm

Everglades/Ten Thousand Islands

The fronts are moving through, the water temperature is falling and the new crowd of fish are moving in. The fishing was good before the first cold front of the year. However, the day after the front, 10/16 made conditions difficult. We could not find bait and the water was very muddy. We still managed to see several tarpon rolling in a creek in the back country, but they where reluctant to hit. We also hooked two snooks and a jack.

Since the cold front, the bait has moved back to the outside islands and the water near Everglades City is clearing up. The regular crowd of fish, snook, redfish, tarpon and seatrout are still available inshore, but the hot action has been the mackerel on the outside and the near shore wrecks. If conditions allow the near shore wrecks will provide hours of rod bending action. We caught mackerel between 12-24 inches for over 2 hours and we literally became tired of pulling mackerel. We then put some baits on the bottom and caught a 30 inch snook, two good size goliath groupers (jewfish). We also lost a much larger goliath and two fish that took 200 yards of 12 lb. test and never came back. We also saw two permits that did not give us the opportunity to put a crab in front of them.

We also managed to jump a tarpon on the way back in.

I expect the cobia to make a strong showing within the next couple weeks.

Biscayne Bay
The fishing in Biscayne Bay has also been good. The bait is thick in the bay, mullet, pilchards and threadfin.

We fished on 10/17 and caught numerous jacks and several bluefish. We also hooked two black tip sharks. Plus, we had two shots at quality size snooks.

The night time action is also on, the usual bridges and cuts are providing good tarpon and snook action. On 10/18 we caught 3 tarpon between 30-50 lb. and a 10 lb. snook.

Reeltite then set the hook! Go out and enjoy the diverse fishing that the fall migration can provide.

I would like to thank all of you that have shared my boat with me. I had a great time with all of you. Thank you.
Checkout Website: www.reeltitefishing.com
reeltite22
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - Southeast