Terms of Use
 Web Development

Boatless Fishing Report 07/22 Juno to Dania

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Boatless Fishing Report 07/22 Juno to Dania

Postby BoatlessFishing » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:06 pm

Hello Fisher People
Enjoy reading the reports and the other info.
You will find info at the bottom on the status of the reconstruction at Anglins Pier.

Also if you get a chance visit this page. Pollution has to stop and you can make the difference, protect St Lucie river.
http://www.petitiononline.com/19530630/petition.html

Tightlines the Boatless Fisherman

Juno Fishing Pier
This past weekend Some Spanish Mackerel, Blue runners, Jacks, croakers, Snook, a few Pompano and small Muttons on the whole it was a medium fishing weekend. Monday had catches of Spanish Mackerel, Bonita, Croakers, Sand perch and a Permit. Tuesday saw Spanish Mackerel, Blue Runners, one Permit and Bonita came in good in the Afternoon. Wednesday Spanish macks, Jacks, Bonitas in the Afternoon. Thursday Bonitas in the morning, spanish mackerel and snapper in the Afternoon. Friday at noon time they had caught Bonitas, blue Runners, Mangrove Snappers, jacks.

Boynton Inlet ( This is one of my favorite Boatless spots )
Snapper, Jacks, Bluefish, Bait off of the jettys and Seawalls. I fished the beach this week and released two 30 inch snook and caught a heap of Jacks and Big Grunts.

Deerfield Fishing Pier
Blue Runners, Spanish Mackerel and snapper here and there is all I heard at Deerfield over the weekend. Monday saw Blue Runners, Mangroves, Scorpion fish who wants those?, Bait. Tuesday Snapper, Blue runners, Shark, Sardines. Wednesday Decent size Spanish Mackerel, Snapper. Thursday Blue runners, Snapper, Spanish Mackerel in the Morning. Friday Morning they catching fish, like Spanish Mackerel, Blue runners, and Pan fish

Hillsboro Inlet
Alot of Mangrove snappers and Grunts and Pan fish around the weekend and some bait scattered in the Mornings and Evenings, a couple of snook caught and released this week and big jacks off of the Beach. Wednesday alot of people fishing in and around the bridge and dock and saw a few Keeper mangrove come up and alot of sardines in and out at the Bridge

Pompano Fishing Pier
Over the weekend Spanish Mackerel, Blue Runners, Snapper and a few Pompano. Monday Spanish Mackerel and Snapper in the early Morning. Tuesday the same Mackerel and Snapper. Wednesday Spanish Mackerel, Snapper on the slower side today stoped by tonight and Mangroves is what I saw. Snook and tarpon have been around also. Thursday in the morning they did well on Spanish Mackerel. Friday Morning Spanish Mackerel

Anglins Fishing pier
The weekend had pretty good fishing and I would not have called it because it has been touch and go at this pier. They had Spanish Mackerel, Blue runners, jacks, Blue fish, Snapper, Pompano and Muttons but many of the muttons where too small. Sunday Big jacks 6lb to 10lb, some Spanish Mackerel that where scittish and took some persuading to hit. They also got Snapper and even Pompano and small Muttons. Monday was slow with Blue runners. Tuesday Nice size Keeper Mangroves in the early Morning and small Muttons and scattered Spanish Mackerel and a 25 lb Red Grouper story is below. Wednesday Blue Runners and Snapper Bait was in and out. Thursday Mackerel and snapper. Friday Morning, early Afternoon Slow
Story of the week goes to Anglins 25lb Red grouper and this isn't a Riply's Believe it or Not.So a fisherman named Wayne is looking over the rail when he see this big fish in a trough pool. He says 'heck with my rod' and jumps down to the beach, goes into the water, wrestles the fish into the shallower water and beaches the 25 lb Grouper! If you don't believe me call or go down and see the pic they have posted.

A little Info on the Anglins Fishing Pier Reconstruction:
It seems every step forward is two backwards, the Tee is completed and just Bait tables need to be replaced, they have begun their movement back and it is the same that happened on the Tee, when they go into the pilons they are disintergrating, so they are requiring serious attention each time. They useing new techniques to speed things along but it takes time. Drilling out the pilons and inserting a special type of Epoxy "Cement", which is pumped in and then relaying the planks. The ETA as of now looks like December, but there is no for sure time. When they reach the middle house, that will have to be shifted and that area done and I expect that this is going to take some time. If and when I get word I will keep you all updated.

Dania Fishing pier
Friday and Saturday Spanish Mackerel and Muttons, blue runners, Jacks in the Mornings and it seemed to slow in the evenings. Sunday Blue runners, jacks and Undersize Muttons. Monday Jacks and Bait. Tuesday Jacks, Spanish Mackerel, Blue runners and the big catch was a 20lb Jack. Wednesday- It was reported Slow that is all I have heard, if you know something post it. Thursday Mackerel. Friday Morning Mackerel, Blue runners.

A word from a Local
Hello Tuna Tim reporting in from Dania bch july 19th 2005, fishing has been pretty good at Dania Fishing Pier quite a few good size mackeral have been caught, also an occasional keeper mutton snapper alot of Snook caught & released a few Tarpon, Jacks and Good ammounts of bait. There has been a variety of fish to catch to keep the serious fisherman happy! I hope to keep reporting good fishing and good luck!
Thanks Tuna Tim.
Please visit http://www.boatlessfishing.com This site has Boatless fishing reports and info on fishing those locations from, Sebastian inlet to the Florida Keys.
BoatlessFishing
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - Southeast