Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Just a few questions...

Bridge Fishing, Surf Casting, Bank Fishing, etc.

Just a few questions...

Postby Voicemail » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:54 pm

I am new to this forum but not forum boards. I am interested in learning more about fishing from shore and I will be taking my 10 year old son w/ me. I am an avid fisherman who spent a great deal of time learning from some willy vets on the Potomac River and Pennsylvania trout streams. I have been down in Fl for almost 11 years and used to fish w/ my father in law on his 32' Hurricane.

I have learned about live bait use but I have always enjoyed artificials. I can float a cork from the beach or flip into current. Some of things I would love to learn are:

1. Good artificials (plugs, rubber, divers, etc.) and places to use them.
2. Live bait from shore or near causeways.
3. Good places where I can take my son that allows him to walk and cast rather then sit and watch a float.

I live in Fort Myers near McGregor and Cypress Lake. I love learning from any experienced angler whether they be a 25 year old Bassmaster, or a 63 year old "Old Salt". I learned more about freshwater fishing from a neighbor then from my old man :wink: ! My interest is keep to my child's in fishing, conservation, and the outdoors alive and growing.

Look forward to your input.
Go hard! Or go home!
Voicemail

Re: Just a few questions...

Postby chris21 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 pm

when it comes to surf fishing i am very experienced at that the best artificials are no doubt: spoons, bucktails, gotcha plugs which are excellent for mackeral and bluefish and other topwater plugs. the best natural baits are crab, squid, shrimp and fish heads and chunks. the best terminal tackle to use are circle hooks on double hook rigs which is very effective in catching almost anything in the surf.
good luck and tight lines
chris21
chris21

Re: Just a few questions...

Postby Capt. Alan » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:55 pm

I am a professional fishing guide and I am always teaching novice and experienced anglers how to catch more fish. I love to see all anglers wanting to improve their fishing skills. We are never too old or too experienced to learn when it comes to fishing. I hope you have had some great fishing trips over the years,

Capt, Alan
https://galvestonsfishingcharters
https://galveston-fishing.com
https://galvestonbayfishingteam.com
Capt. Alan
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Boatless Fishing