Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

VANCOUVER ISLAND BC

All Canadian provinces territories

Moderator: admin

VANCOUVER ISLAND BC

Postby fishingbc » Sat May 21, 2005 7:05 pm

Saltwater salmon fishing in and around Hornby and Denman Islands so far this summer continues to impress anglers in area 14. Many anglers have been seen with their nets out in all of the traditional hotspots. I have seen several nice fish being landed in areas like Tribune Bay, Norris Rocks and the waters around Whaling Station Bay that usually don't see salmon in numbers until early August. The best fishing has been outside of Flora and the shallow waters in Tribune Bay. Large schools of 2-3 " herring are showing up, and the fish are taking advantage of it. Trolling around Flora has continued to be steady on both high and low tide changes. Fish are hitting over a wide range of depths, from 75 ' all the way down to 360'. I have had several fish snap 25 lb leader after hitting 5” Wonder Spoons. There are some very large Chinooks hanging around so make sure to have your spools full as these fish can have you chasing them before you get your downriggers up. Reports from most anglers I have talked to are getting action on mostly Coyote Spoons and white Hootchies trolled behind 4-5 ft leaders. My personal favorite is the 4 or 5 " Silver Prism Coyote as it matches the herring that seem to be everywhere. I always have one in the water at all times. Try downsizing your flashers to the smaller size or none at all, it seems that many of the larger springs are hitting this setup. I run a 5” coyote right on my main line with no swivel or flasher, this seems to keep the fish coming back. Also try running a plug one side , again with no flasher and kick up your speed a bit, this seems to induce strikes when the bite turns off. The 1st Annual Comox Valley Pacific Salmon Foundation Gala Dinner Dance & Auction will be held on September 10th at the Comox Recreation Center. All net proceeds will be directed to local salmon enhancement and restoration groups. Please come out and support P.S.F and our hard working volunteer groups. Please have a look at the P.S.F website at www.psf.ca For info on this event or fishing charters call G&M FISHING CHARTERS (250) 954-6500 or toll free at 1-800-577-6966 Check out our web site at www.fishingbc.ca See you out on the water..........
fishingbc

Return to Canada