Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Wahoo Fishing Charter in Punta Cana Dominican Republic

Includes: The Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela and any other exotic fishing locations in the Islands, Central and South America.

Wahoo Fishing Charter in Punta Cana Dominican Republic

Postby Bigmarlin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 pm

I have found this company Big Marlin Charter Punt Cana https://www.bigmarlinpuntacana.com/deep_sea_fishing_charters.html by Internet on the Tripadviser resourse.
Write some message to Cap. Yustas and from couple days private van company pickuped me at 7:00 form the Dreams Punta Cana. I want to say I\m not really experineced fisherman but the dream about catch Big Blue Marlin He did not give me rest.
The trip to marina tkae may be 30 min. because the resort stay in Ubero Alto district and not Punta Cana. But I had time spoke with Yustas a little bit more about Dominican life and fishing of course. He is looks as Poland guy an live here 4 years. When I come to marine the weather looks as great. The ocean looks as lake and no any waves. I asked him it's normal? and he say sometemise it's happend and always no waves under reef. How is real waves we will see later. From 10 min. we went out to the open ocean. I am a little worred about waves because don\t like seaseeknes but God was very favourable to me today and still no waves. From may be 30 mins. I heard the yelping sound of screaming reels I sat in faightingcahir and began to turn the handle of the reel. It's took may be 5- 7 mins and I pulled on board not big and the great barracuda 20 pound nor more. I never saw a barracuda close many teeth in his mouth they say that it is a good predator. The captain ask me what do you think about Dominican music and it's not promeblem if he we lesten. He said that the Dominican fish with Dominican music catch much better. Good joke I hope so. And all the while time, we continued to fish under the Dominican music. I asked Yustas what is the type of music playing and he told me about "Bachata". In this moment when we spoked about Dominican music the right reel start spinning like crazy and spinning strongly bent. Wow Is Marlin? But he told me no. Not looks like a Marlin нo any jumping above the water. I sat down in a chair and begin work with the reel. I feel that under water sime big fish.
He told me can be a big mahi but looks like a difficult for reel. I fought may be 20 min. and when is fish come more close to boat he said that is big Wahoo. We used a boat hook and I saw big long fish with an elongated snout. The wieght of Wahoo may be 50 pounds and long may be 5 feet. We put the fish in the refrigerator and continue fishing. Just from 1 hr we caught 2 mahi mahi
but compared to Wahoo they looked small no more than 15-20 pounds. But the fish Mahi Mahi looks as emerald just first 5 min. and later loosed color. We try to catch any fish later but I booked charter for 4 hrs. only. and all the next two hours we jsut listen music and drink beer. no more fish anymore. As I can understood the best time for fishing in the morning first 2 hrs. I next time I will try to check second half day. But anyway I'm happy especially from Wahoo. It was exciting to fight with the fish.
Bigmarlin
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to International - Tropical - NEW!