Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Tremendous Variety of Species in June!!

Key Largo to Key West - including Florida Bay, the Marquesas and the Dry Tortugas.

Moderator: admin

Tremendous Variety of Species in June!!

Postby captainmarc » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:33 pm

June has been a very interesting month of fishing. Lance boated two sailfish while trolling for dolphin. I have had some of the best blackfin tuna fishing of the year in the last month. Night reef fishing has been producing large numbers and big mangrove snappers. We have caught large sharks while schoolie dolphin fishing. Several wahoo have also taken baits this month. Of course dolphin fishing has been the game of choice and will continue to be the best offshore fishing opportunity through the rest of the summer. The blue marlin has eluded us so far this year but with the prime months now upon us, I am sure we will get a couple hooked up shortly as we have seen numerous free jumpers on Floyd’s Wall.

On Sunday the 18th of June we had an exceptional day with a split charter on board. Stace finally brought in a big dolphin after chasing them for many years. I will get Stace’s 25 pound fish up on my gallery in the next few days along with some of the rest of the catch from that day. We brought in 27 large dolphin, 7 nice blackfin tuna, a shark, and several skipjack tuna. My 150 quart igloo ice chest at the dock wasn’t big enough to hold them all and we let a bunch swim to fight another day 30 miles out. While not everyday turns out as exceptional as this one, most days do provide tremendous action and variety.

The summer months are also the best time of year to night fish for snapper. The mangrove and mutton snappers have been biting well at night on the reef along with numerous other varieties of reef fish.

Take your pick of fishing, either dolphin in the blue water, tuna at the Islamorada Hump, or snapper at the reef; it is all happening this summer in the Florida Keys. We are only an hour away from Miami or less than two hours from Fort Lauderdale. To check our availability or book a charter just give me a call at 305-304-9192.
Provides charter fishing trips in Florida. Areas include Key West, Key Largo, Islamorada and Miami. Species targeted include sailfish, dolphin, tuna and wahoo.

Florida Keys Key Largo Fishing Charter Miami Islamorada Key West
captainmarc
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - The Keys & Florida Bay