Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Flamingo Snook ???

Key Largo to Key West - including Florida Bay, the Marquesas and the Dry Tortugas.

Moderator: admin

Flamingo Snook ???

Postby ccsnapper » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:15 pm

I've fished the inside at Flamingo about 4 or 5 times now and have had some success catching the whole mix down there... redfish, trout, snapper, grouper, jewfish, etc... but have not caught a single snook yet.

I've fished in whitewater bay and have also run through the bays all the way over to the gulf coast and the passes there on the west coast. I've tried white bait, jigs, plugs, shrimp, (no pinfish yet though) and have caught some good fish, just no snook. Any advice on where to find snook down there this time of year is welcome. Should I be looking in the deeper canals/channels or along the shallower shorelines? out towards the passes or further north in the backcountry where the saltwater ends? It's discouraging I tell ya.... still a lot of fun though!
ccsnapper

Postby TimeBandit » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:07 pm

Well this is a late reply but maybe it will help. For anglers new to Flamingo I always recommend the Top Spots charts. These charts offer locations on where to find different species of fish and the time of year to fish those areas. I hope this helps you out.
"Success is a Journey, Not a Destination"
TimeBandit

Return to Florida - The Keys & Florida Bay