Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

A 14 lb. Gag & 18 lb. King Top This week's Catches: SW F

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

A 14 lb. Gag & 18 lb. King Top This week's Catches: SW F

Postby fishbuster » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:26 pm

I fished off Naples, just south of New Pass, with Buzz and Nancy Sollers on Monday. We used live shiners, and got nice mangrove snapper to 16 inches and Spanish mackerel to 24 inches. We released small gag grouper and also a 15 inch scamp grouper.

Tuesday, I had a great morning of fishing at the 240 Ledge with Jack Smith Ken Adams, Mike Hartley & Jeff Adams. We used live shiners and shrimp, and we boated an 18 pound, 42 inch king mackerel, a 14 pound gag grouper (33 ½ inches), an 8 pound bonito, and seven mangrove snapper in the 16-17 inch range. We released a four-foot lemon shark.

Fishing Estero Bay Wednesday with Joe Braden, Tom & Bill Iverson, and Richard Corkin, we used live shrimp and shiners to catch and release two redfish, four snook, jack cravalle, mangrove snapper and sand bream.

I fished in pretty rough seas at MAY Reef Thursday, with Peter Haluenen and friends, Jim and Dave. We caught fifteen keeper mangrove snapper, and triggerfish. We released short gags, sheepshead and blue runners.

Friday was a bit calmer, and I fished with Keith and Karen Grass, and son Mike, off Wiggins Pass. We caught two limits of mangrove snapper to 13 inches, keeper triggerfish and porgies, and released grouper shorts.
Find complete info and fish photo album at www.fishbustercharters.com
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest