Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Beautiful Gags, Nice Snapper, Macks & Goliaths Offshore

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Beautiful Gags, Nice Snapper, Macks & Goliaths Offshore

Postby fishbuster » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:34 pm

Sunday, I fished around the ledges, using shrimp, and caught some nice lane snapper—The biggest I have seen, at 17 ½ inches. I also released a 3 ½ foot lemon shark.

I fished the bay Monday with Tim Beffa and friend, Dave. Using live shrimp, we caught a keeper redfish at 20 inches, four sheepshead, all 14-15 inches, and released smaller sheepshead and puffers. We fished down the channel toward Wiggins, behind the island.

I fished the 240 ledge with the Roberts family Tuesday—Bruce, Mark, Eric, and Eric’s sons, eight year old Holden and eleven year old Grant. We caught two keeper gag grouper, one 30 inches, which bit a snapper bait, and one 26 inches, caught on a blue runner. We also got a 27 inch Spanish mackerel, six nice mangrove snapper to 15 inches, a 14 inch hogfish, triggerfish, and white-bone porgies.

Wednesday, I fished the 240 ledge area with Jim Krall, Andy Ungar, and friends Rick & Jerry. We boated a 24 inch gag grouper, eighteen keeper mangrove snapper, triggerfish, porkfish and white-bone porgies. We also had lots of fun catching and releasing a 40 pound goliath grouper.

Thursday, I ate turkey, but Friday, I took Carl & Susan Baker and children, Matthew and Anna, fishing at the limestone breaks off Wiggins Pass. We got in as much fishing as we could in advance of the predicted cold front, and we boated Spanish mackerel to 20 inches, lane snapper to 12 inches, keeper mangrove snapper, and triggerfish. We released gag and red grouper shorts, and blue runners. The photo attached is of 11 year old angler, Grant Roberts, with a 30 inch gag grouper, caught this past Tuesday on a Fishbuster charter. Find complete info and fish photo album at www.fishbustercharters.com
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest